We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Watching the weather for this weekend

Philadelphia/Atlanti...
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
15,155 posts
59 reviews
Save Topic
Watching the weather for this weekend

There's sposedta be an outdoors art show in Brighton Park in front of Claridge Sunday http://atlanticcityart.org/ with face painters, ballet dancers [Mmmm Men in tights!], live music and dun~dun~DUN art.

Lumberton NJ
Level Contributor
672 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Watching the weather for this weekend

I just said to the wife, "let's go down the shore for a rainout party" Stay Fri thru Monday, what a blast! It's going to be nasty my friend. Like a old man trying to send back soup at a deli!

Philadelphia/Atlanti...
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
15,155 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Watching the weather for this weekend

A rainout party at the shore used to always = a game of Monopoly. I have an inkling this >>let's go down the shore for a rainout party<< is not going to be the board game Monopoly. Y'all have fun!

Baltimore, MD
Level Contributor
2,038 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Watching the weather for this weekend

Good thing my reservations are for Wednesday and Thursday nights!

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
6,398 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Watching the weather for this weekend

The track of this storm is tricky. as it stands now it will stall off the coast of AC which results in moderate to major flooding starting Sunday night.

Philadelphia/Atlanti...
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
15,155 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Watching the weather for this weekend

Shhhhh! This'll jinx us all!

Oh Lord, wontcha buy me a Mercedes Benz. My friends all have Porches, I must make amends

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
94 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Watching the weather for this weekend

Just left AC this morning. We were going to stay another night but they are threatening evacuations and we didn't want to get caught up in all that traffic. It was very overcast, no rain, but OMG, that wind was wild!

Philadelphia/Atlanti...
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
15,155 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Watching the weather for this weekend

IMHO the winds have died down some. And the radar is showing the storm off the coast with the outer band that LOOKED like it'd hit AC is not.

NJ
Level Contributor
146 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Watching the weather for this weekend

Sooooo.... I'm on the hunt for affordable (read: cheap) things to do indoors in and around AC. Want to check out the lighthouse, the aquarium reviews weren't so hot. Keep the updates coming, kids!

Philadelphia/Atlanti...
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
15,155 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Watching the weather for this weekend

Oh~mah~garsh! The aquarium was packed today. See if there is any tickets available at the IMAX theatre in Trop for an indoors activity. And take a look at the 99¢ stores to see if they have plastic rain parkas. And an activity can be→ go to the beach to see the waves. And take photos. I went to 2 beaches today as it is not raining, to watch the waves and each had lotsa onlookers with cameras. And even experienced a bicycle~built~for~2 pedaling against this wind doing AOK.

NJ
Level Contributor
146 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Watching the weather for this weekend

Awesome suggestions! Thanks!