We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

directions

Scranton...
1 post
Save Topic
directions

i am comming from scranton pa and going to ocean ave. wildwood n.j. how can i avoid route 76.

thank you

Lumberton NJ
Level Contributor
672 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: directions

If it was me I would take the PATPK East into Jersey. I would pick up the NJTPK and go South to Exit 5. After paying toll I would make a left onto 541 and go about 3/4 of a mile and take 295 south. Then take 295 south to 42 towards AC. 42 splits after about 6 miles, stay left onto the AC EXPY. Take that to exit 7 and jump onto the GSP south to Wildwood

Philadelphia/Atlanti...
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
15,155 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: directions

Wow! sidmerkin posting. It's been awhile. And to the OP, y'all may want to repost on the WildWood forum

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
6,398 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: directions

I usually take the NE Extension to the PA Turnpike and get off on route 476, the blue route, and take that to 95 north, to avoid route 76, its not that much different in time but I like the roads better than dealing with route 76.

pennsylvania
Level Contributor
216 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: directions

476 south to 95, take 95 south about 1 mile to commodore barry bridge , cross bridge into jersey and stay on rt. 322 through town of Mullica hill until you get to rt. 55 south. from the bridge to rt. 55 south it is about 12 miles , take 55 south and that will

take you right into rio grande and into wildwood nicer , calmer drive

port republic
Level Contributor
2,488 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: directions

To avoid philly area entirely take 380S to 80E to 33S to 78E to 287S to GSP south,

you want to be on the parkway by 330pm any day to avoid traffic with this route.

West Chester...
Level Contributor
230 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: directions

476 south to 95, take 95 south about 1 mile to commodore barry bridge , cross bridge into jersey and stay on rt. 322 through town of Mullica hill until you get to rt. 55 south. from the bridge to rt. 55 south it is about 12 miles , take 55 south and that will take you right into rio grande and into wildwood nicer, calmer drive.

This is the winner. But sometimes I exit at Rt. 49 and turn off at Head of the River Church towards Woodbine and then Dennisville. But keep this between friends, don't want this shortcut getting out there.

7. Re: directions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, June 22, 2017
Get answers to your questions about Atlantic City