We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Miss America

Which Atlantic City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
6,068 posts
74 reviews
Save Topic
Miss America

A bronze statue of Miss America has been placed outside Boardwalk Hall as another photo op. The statue is holding out a crown that you can stand under as if it's being placed on your head.

It was also announced that there will be more free seating areas for this year's Miss America parade.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
4,765 posts
329 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Miss America

Miss America Week is a great time to be in Atlantic City. This year the Parade is September 13th.......

www.missamerica.org/parade/default.aspx

Philadelphia/Atlanti...
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
14,366 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Miss America

The statue of Miss America has been under canvas for some time. And I'd been there poking fun at it, as the protrusion was canvas wrapt too [protrusion = the arms & crown]. Now that 'There She Is' has been unveiled, I found an ad with a decent photo …sporthyundai.com/take-your-picture-with-new…

Philadelphia/Atlanti...
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
14,366 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Miss America

>>A bronze statue of Miss America has been placed outside Boardwalk Hall as another photo op<< From what I've seen, it's a VERY popular. photo~op I had to stay & wait to take photos between other visitors posing & taking photos. There's a DO AC circle at the base of the statue to stand on, to align your head into the crown. And to those wanting to pose with the crown atop your noggin [seriously, just like those times y'all ate Imperial Margarine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvVduWJSjX0 who DOESN'T?] I HIGHLY suggest y'all don't stand up too quickly or you'll be banging your head into a bronze crown. And there is a height issue. While waiting between other photographers to take my photos, a woman came along who was too short to reach the crown. If you're short, I'd love to suggest standing on a phonebook. But. Where are you going to find a phonebook nowadays? Hmmm, in a phonebooth? Maybe, just maybe, the Visitors Center has something, if not, perhaps they can point you in the right direction. ←this full grown woman cannot be the 1st person who doesn't reach the crown, and I'm sure many young'uns want to have a photo being awarded the Miss America Crown. Anyways, I'd like to post one photo that will kinda give an idea of the crown & statue height. BUT. I cannot find the link EZDave posted awhile back [how to post photos w/o writing a review]. I did two searches with different keywords and I was not successful. So. If EZDave comes along & reads this, or someone else has a better memory, please post the link, I'll submit the photo. And we all know TA takes some time to post photos after submission

Callicoon/Brooklyn...
Destination Expert
for Callicoon, Atlantic City
Level Contributor
5,344 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Miss America

rship, send me a pic of you and Richard wearing the crown!!!!!

Philadelphia/Atlanti...
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
14,366 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Miss America

So. You DID hear that there IS a photo. BTW, while I was waiting between photographers to take photos, there was two young men that looked like they wanted to pose under the crown but were too embarrassed to do so while two old men were sitting nearby facing the statue with internet appliances

Callicoon/Brooklyn...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
5,344 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Miss America

Haha Introduce them to happy hour and they will lose all of their inhibitions!!!! After all......it is AC!

Philadelphia/Atlanti...
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
14,366 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Miss America

OK MrHarley. Good idea! BUT. HH Before noon is common to both me&you, but these two young men on the Boardwalk may have thought we were nuts for asking that, which is true, but... welp, I got nothing else, just 'but'

Anyways, I would've wandered off into other parts of Kennedy Plaza to let the men have their fun, but [see? this time I have something], there was two more ppl waiting for them to get done so they could do [AC] a photo~op

Callicoon/Brooklyn...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
5,344 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Miss America

That's a shame. They will think back and regret not taking those pics! Grasp the opportunity!! Alcohol or not (but it helps) lol

Daytona Beach...
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
3,529 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Miss America

I wondered about the height thing...its too bad they didn't put a small step there...

Philadelphia/Atlanti...
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
14,366 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Miss America

Well, of course she's tall & statuesque... just like Julie Newmar …tumblr.com/tumblr_lyx6wmWf771qms7zqo1_500.j… and holding out a crown... just like Julie Newmar screeninsults.com/images/to-wong-foo-thanks-… Hmmm... I wonder. Anyways, my point is, there is a step to stand on. >>There's a DO AC circle at the base of the statue to stand on<< is on a raised base. And I didn't measure it, but I already know some ppl are too short. And my guess is, most young'uns will be too short ~ with the young'us, Daddy can likely hold them up into the crown. And my photos do not include this DO AC base that you stand in. My guess is that GMA will be broadcasting at least one day from Kennedy Plaza and even if they do not, I'd think they'll showcase the statue [GMA has not announced where they'll be filming in AC]. The issue is, I don't know when GMA is broadcasting from AC. I bet jerrysnj knows ←tee~hee, I just typed 'bet' on the AC forum again. Hmmm, perhaps the GMA broadcasting deserves it's own thread