We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dock's or Knife & Fork?

Which Atlantic City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Islesfan1
Level Contributor
144 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Dock's or Knife & Fork?

Although I've been to AC several times, I haven't visited either of these two places for dinner yet. Going down next Saturday and wondering if both have the same seating availability, which is the better of the two? Both seem to have excellent reviews so the choice is difficult!

Thanks!

Baltimore, MD
Level Contributor
33 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dock's or Knife & Fork?

I go with Knife and Fork Inn. They are both good but the Inn is a bit higher on my list of wonderful places to be.

Moorestown, New...
Level Contributor
2,488 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dock's or Knife & Fork?

They both along with Harry's Oyster Bar are owned by the same family. That said, I think the Knife and Fork has the most class. Couldn't really go wrong with either of your two choices IMHO.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
4,765 posts
332 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dock's or Knife & Fork?

Another vote for Knife and Fork Inn....

Philadelphia/Atlanti...
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
14,486 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dock's or Knife & Fork?

Neither. Choose Gilchrists tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g29750-d21… Nah! Just ribbing ya! Gilchrists isn't open for dinner. OK, I suggest Knife&Fork. From 4~6:30 everyday they have half~price apps at the bar. And they just might still have PumpKing on tap [$7]. If you want to try for these HH price apps, I suggest to get there early, especially if it's Saturday, then like 4pm [bar opening time]. The crab & avocado terrine and the tuna tartare are great. And they're less filling apps, so you wont ruin your appetite for my favorite Lobster Thermidor [Mmmm, Lobster Thermidor]. I suggest to go for the Knife&Fork dinner: crab & corn chowder, tomato & mozzarella salad & a 1lb Lobster Thermidor [Mmmm, Lobster Thermidor] + a 6oz filet. The crab & corn chowder is creamy, but nice & light, so it also doesn't spoil your appetite for Lobster Thermidor [Mmmm, Lobster Thermidor].

edit: I SHOULD review them↑. I have plenty of photos of their food

Edited: 9:21 am, November 18, 2013
Islesfan1
Level Contributor
144 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dock's or Knife & Fork?

Made a reservation for K&F, thanks everyone!

Philadelphia/Atlanti...
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
14,486 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dock's or Knife & Fork?

Knife&Fork has side sauces you can order with your entrée. I only recall two because they're my favorites, I like Bleu Cheese Béchamel[sp?] and Bernaise. They're $2 each, so I always get one of each of my favorites

Daytona Beach...
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
3,538 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dock's or Knife & Fork?

rship1 - let me know when you do an actual review and post your pictures of the food..

btw - I think I asked this before but forget.. where is parking for Knife and Fork?

Philadelphia/Atlanti...
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
14,486 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Dock's or Knife & Fork?

They have free valet. The valet entrance is on the Atlantic Ave side. And last visit, we had a sober driver, so we didn't take the jitney. And the valet parkers did NOT get upset when an unopened long~neck Budweiser rolled out of the rear driver's side door of the SUV, did a mid~air flip and landed on the sidewalk and shattered into many. many shards of beer soaked broken brown glass. And they gladly & swiftly pulled out a dustpan & broom and swept it all up ←I did not take a photo of this [tee~hee]

And I'll PM you when I get a round tuit IamNancy.

Philadelphia/Atlanti...
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
14,486 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Dock's or Knife & Fork?

I want to add that you may want to get dressed up for Knife&Fork. Up to some time in the 90s men were not allowed into Knife&Fork without a blazer, suit coat, sports jacket, etc. I did have one visit where we just decided in a bar to go to Knife&Fork, I was in denim & sneakers and felt conspicuous. And one other thing, I want to inform you now. I don't want you disappointed that they do not serve: Lobster Thermidor and a fried egg on top of Spam [tee~hee] http://tinyurl.com/lobster-thermidor-spam

10. Re: Dock's or Knife & Fork?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, November 22, 2014