We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tell me about Nero's Sunday Brunch at Caesars.

Sterling, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,647 posts
75 reviews
Save Topic
Tell me about Nero's Sunday Brunch at Caesars.

I am low Gold so I have no comps and have to pay the full price of $50 plus tax.

Is it really that good or can I do better elsewhere?

New Jersey
Level Contributor
493 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Tell me about Nero's Sunday Brunch at Caesars.

Hello greeke...I read your stuff on the Vegas forum all the time...I like your style.

Nero's brunch features unlimited Champagne and Champagne cocktails, if you prefer mixers in your bubbly. I've had multiple Bloody Mary's, so I suppose that other vodka-based "morning" cocktails are available as well. That is an unusual feature for sure, and a big plus for some...after all you can't drink all day unless you start in the morning.

It has a terrific sushi/raw bar complete with caviar, probably its best food feature. Also have had very nice lamb chops, not sure if they are a regular offering.

Other than that, it's pretty ordinary, rather small, and so somewhat crowded. I don't think they do the breakfast items very well. The atmosphere is pretty lively and festive compared to other buffets, I'll give them that...probably a combination of personable servers...and the drinks.

Can you do better elsewhere...for the price? Not sure...can you eat $50 worth of brunch in the first place? If you are a drinker and up for an early buzz, it's a pretty good time.

PA
Level Contributor
2,261 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tell me about Nero's Sunday Brunch at Caesars.

It's the best AC has to offer on Sunday morning. The lamb chops are there every week and they are delicious. They also have great salmon at the carving station. Ask the omelet guy what his special is for the week. Two weeks ago when I was there it was a blintz with key lime sause. I was sober when I ate there so I could enjoy the flavors of the food.

The made to order waffles or crepes with fresh berries and vanilla ice cream are wonderful for dessert. I think you should go, but don't expect Bally's Sterling Brunch.

Washington
Level Contributor
4,702 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tell me about Nero's Sunday Brunch at Caesars.

Although Nero's Sunday Brunch is not cheap, it does have about the best offerings in AC. As stated, the lamb chops are a regular on the carving board as well as herb encrusted salmon stuffed with crab; accompaniment of horseradish sauce &/or mint jelly. The chafing dishes include breakfast items (sausage, potatoes), as well as sirloin & fillet mignon, mixed fish (swordfish, scallops, shcrimp, & a white fish), chicken, vegetables (asparagus, carrots, beans, sautéed mushrooms). The station that makes the crepes has the delectable cheese blintzes with side sauces to add; also the omelet(s). They have the chilled station which has shelled & deveined extra large shrimp, crab legs, smoked salmon, salad items, & other items I just cannot remember. The dessert bar has numerous pies, cakes, cheesecake, & crème brulee. Another one has the various fresh fruits, platters of varied cookies, & delicate liquor-infused desserts served within petite glass dishes.

And with unlimited champagne & mimosas, along with the service, selection, & quality, the price is well worth it in my opinion. It's the only Sunday brunch in AC I prefer going to.

Sterling, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,647 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tell me about Nero's Sunday Brunch at Caesars.

Well, it's officially booked for this Sunday. I'll report back latter and tell you all how it was. :)

ny
Level Contributor
3,063 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tell me about Nero's Sunday Brunch at Caesars.

Good choice golden....The champagne is pretty good, mimosas, cranberry and champagne, bloody marys are spicy from a mix if you like that great - if not we ask for tomato juice no mix....

We eat our fill of the huge peel and eat shrimp, oysters and crab first then go from there......I eat the caviar as I rarely get that elsewhere - I am not big on sushi but many love it......the carving boards are great.....the chafing dishes are hit and miss - frankly I do way more lunch than breakfast and an omelet would be too filling for me plus the seafood.....desserts are fresh waffles, crepes, ice cream and assorted pastries - you can also get coffee and tea. i wouldnt book much past 12:30 -1 as they do start packing up near 2. If you can get by the window , relax and watch the water. Its not the Sterling Brunch from Vegas - but we go if we care staying over Sunday - if driving home sunday we skip it as its jut too filling.....enjoy

Newport News
Level Contributor
643 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Tell me about Nero's Sunday Brunch at Caesars.

There won't be any tax if you present your total reward card to the wait staff. We usually only go for special occasions even though we always have plenty comp. Our reasons are many; we don't eat much; we don't drink much; the only raw food we eat are fruit and vegetable; we are cheap; and 20% gratuity is quite a bit. Of course it would be a different story for people who are qualified for RFB since the only expense is the gratuity.

new york
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
8,835 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tell me about Nero's Sunday Brunch at Caesars.

The crab legs and oysters at Nero’s brunch are as good as they get. We actually preferred the red caviar, [less expensive salmon roe?]. Even the coffee tasted great.

Enjoy and looking forward to any thoughts you can share back here.

willow grove
Level Contributor
2 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tell me about Nero's Sunday Brunch at Caesars.

Would you recommend getting reservation for the brunch? Thanks

Washington
Level Contributor
4,702 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Tell me about Nero's Sunday Brunch at Caesars.

If you don't mind sitting in the dining room, you wouldn't have to make a reservation for the Sunday Brunch. If you want to sit near the window with a boardwalk view, then reserve & request.

Newport News
Level Contributor
643 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Tell me about Nero's Sunday Brunch at Caesars.

I always have reservation if we go. The brunch won't be open until 10 AM. There is always a few groups waiting even before it's open. I just use the opentable reservation available at the Nero's web page. You can also specify your preferred seating area. Window seats have very good boardwalk and water view.