We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Borgata black card upgrade

pittsburgh
Level Contributor
37 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Borgata black card upgrade

Heading to Atlantic City next weekend and was wondering about the Caesars Diamond card for Borgata Black card upgrade deal. I had a borgata red card years ago but haven't been there in at least 3 years. No longer receiver mailers or anything from them. Would I still be eligible to receive the 100$ free play and such for upgrading to black card? Or would I be considered an existing card member? Do existing members still receive the perks for upgrading. Any info would greatly be

appreciated. Thanks!

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
3,470 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Borgata black card upgrade

You would still be considered an existing card holder and will not get the $100 in free play.

Atlantic City, New...
Level Contributor
1,230 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Borgata black card upgrade

The first time you upgrade, you will get the extras: $20 comp, $100 slot dollars, comped room offer

You can upgrade each year but without the extras.

Note your anniversary date will be the date you upgrade and good for one year unless you earn the 1000 comp dollars for renewal.

Both my husband and I were already Red label and active Borgata members before we upgraded to Black Label, both being Diamonds.

Edited: 7:29 am, July 21, 2013
NJ
Level Contributor
3,822 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Borgata black card upgrade

tripadvisor.com/…44047557

I'd agree with Ran...... Don't expect the $100

new york
Level Contributor
595 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Borgata black card upgrade

I agree with Ranman in terms of the rules, but they must be flexible sometimes. I upgraded after having my red card for a couple years with minimal play. I got all the benefits when I upgraded.

My upgrade is up in October, and I will be at the Borgata in August. Will they let me upgrade then, or do I have to wait until my next trip which will definitely be after october. Mostly, I just use the card for parking and VIP check-in.

Newport News
Level Contributor
643 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Borgata black card upgrade

I did my first upgrade last year. I already has a red card and haven't visited Borgata for years. I was not offered $100 free play.

West Long Branch...
Level Contributor
886 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Borgata black card upgrade

Darn you Borgata you won't match my Atlantic club premium card.

pittsburgh
Level Contributor
37 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Borgata black card upgrade

Sounds like differing opinions, so we may just head over and see what happens. The worst they can tell us is no. Plus we're arriving early in the morning so we need to kill some time before we can check in. Thanks to those that responded!

Mineola, New York
Level Contributor
6,407 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Borgata black card upgrade

I was just asked this question and didn't know the answer. We've used our Harrahs Diamond card to get the upgrade several times, but can someone with a Platinum card get any upgrade at Borgata?

ny
Level Contributor
3,063 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Borgata black card upgrade

Diego I would sadly think no. I do think upgrades should be timed to maximize their usefulness. If you are entitled to the play, room etc be sure to upgrade when you can go back and use the promotion to its fullest. If you do not believe you will be say diamond next year at CET, i would consider waiting to closer to march to match so you will be diamond at CET then when that ends black at the borg

Atlantic City, New...
Level Contributor
1,230 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Borgata black card upgrade

CET Platinum does not get any Borgata upgrade.