We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

CZR Tier/New System

NJ
Level Contributor
3,822 posts
1 review
Save Topic
CZR Tier/New System

We are just over 4 months (approx 1/3) through 2013.

Where does your tier score stand and how do you like the new system compared to the old one?

- Visiting more/less often?

- Bringing a bigger/smaller bankroll?

- Playing more/less than in previous years?

- Have you won/lost more/less?

- Have the daily tier bonuses motivated you to continue playing even though you considered quitting for the day?

Newport, Rhode...
Level Contributor
84 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: CZR Tier/New System

I actually like the new changes for a person who doesn't frequent AC, perhaps 3 or 4 times a year. During first trip, for 2 days, I averaged 2600 points a day. Under the old system I would still be a platinum, sitting around 5200.....

With the new system in place, I received a bonus of 5000 points per day, which is the maximum you can receive after accruing 2500 in a day, and now I'm up over 15000 after the first trip and already sitting at diamond after 2 days of play.

I basically just played normally and will continue too, and I won't be playing more or less, perhaps less at AC, because I do plan on visiting New Orleans and Vegas this year.

Long Island
Level Contributor
1,658 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: CZR Tier/New System

I'm not sure I like it. I just got back from Vegas, started with 418 tier points, ended up with 5994, I was there 3 days. Only got the bonus 125 tier point on 2 days, doesn't quite calculate. I would think that with those 2 days of 125 tier points there had to be a day of at least 2,500 tier points earned. I earned platinum during the trip and I'll probably go to Vegas 1 more time this year, since I even have to pay for a weekday room in AC (Free 7 nights through out the summer at Taj) I won't be staying at a CET property until after summer, if at all.

Newport, Rhode...
Level Contributor
84 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: CZR Tier/New System

After the first day, the 5000 point credit was added immediately, the second day however, it took several days to get the 5000 point bonus.

I also received emails periodically saying I received a bonus 125 or 1000 or 2500 point bonus. At the end it did all add up. So give it a few days to see what happens.

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
3,461 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: CZR Tier/New System

Where does your tier score stand: Just over 20,000

How do you like the new system: I really don't have an opinion either way.

Visiting more/less: Actually less. Moved some play over to Boragta & have been going to the Horseshoe in Cleveland.

Bringing a bigger/smaller bankroll: I continue to bring the same.

Playing more/less than in previous years: I would have to say my play has remained the same.

Have you won/lost more/less: So far this year I have actually lost less.

Have daily tier bonuses motivated you to continue playing: Not at all

ny
Level Contributor
3,063 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: CZR Tier/New System

I do pay attention to the bonuses. I play like normal first day - if close to a tier match - continue - if no chance in reaching next level - stop. Refuse to play any credits for free without match. I prefer obviously the 2.5k level if doable but that may mean playing in one session as opposed to spreading my play out as before. I think its saved me money overall - but overall I do think my winning trips are less this year to last and last to the year before. Less trips same bankroll

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,327 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: CZR Tier/New System

I am at about 50k tier and down significantly for the year. With a little luck, I will hit Seven Stars. My trips this year were cut back, but leading into the summer, should pick up again. I also didn't play strategically this year ─ I should have quit at 2,500 tier and played again at 6am when the new gaming day began ─ but, instead I had two days where I earned about 10k each day. I much perfer these bonuses though. I think they should have raised diamond to 25 or 30k though.

Rich

ny
Level Contributor
3,063 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: CZR Tier/New System

Never give "it" away Rich LOL

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
288 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: CZR Tier/New System

Question: How do you check your tier credits for the current day to check how close you are to the next level?

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
1,547 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: CZR Tier/New System

JWC. As you're playing look at the card reader. It should tell you how many tier credits you earned for the day. I love the new tier cedit bonuses. I have over 90,000. I normally just stop playing when I get to 1,001 where in the past I would have just continued I find that I am not spending as much money since I am not playing as much.

Newport News
Level Contributor
643 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: CZR Tier/New System

I like the new system. I think it rewards "good" players who earn more daily tier scores. I usually aim at 1000 tier points per day. Since I'm a compulsive player, I would keep on playing even if I reach the goal. I can quit playing easier if I didn't lose. I knew it's stupid because I'd only lose more if the luck is not with me. Every once a while, I became a big sucker, and I'll play smarter for a few months afterwards. The pattern seems to repeat itself. I have to constantly remind myself that I have a daughter whom I'd like to leave my money with, not Harrah's.