We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Atlantic City Race Course / Parx Racing!

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
4,826 posts
362 reviews
Save Topic
Atlantic City Race Course / Parx Racing!

PARX SCHEDULE SHIFTS TO ATLANTIC CITY THIS THURSDAY

Daily Post Time is 3:30 PM by Keith Jones

The local horsemen here at Parx Racing begin their annual meeting at Atlantic City Racecourse this Thursday with the first of six late afternoon programs. In what has become a springtime tradition over the last decade, the great old facility in Mays Landing will host six days of live turf racing. The six days this year will be run in two blocks, with live racing held Thursday, April 25th through Sunday, April 28th. Monday, April 29th will be a dark day and then the meet concludes with racing Tuesday, April 30th and Wednesday, May 1st. Post time each day will be 3:30PM, with 6 races scheduled each day, run on the half-hour. The one exception is closing day, Wednesday the 1st, when a 7th race will be added, the signature race of the week, the eighth running of $50,000 Tony Gatto Dream Big Stakes.

Back from last year will be the popular daily handicapping seminars. Handicapper Bill Hudgins will be on hand to offer his selections and insight before each race day begins and then return between races for a closer, last minute look at the upcoming race.

NJ
Level Contributor
3,822 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Atlantic City Race Course / Parx Racing!

Larilu- thanks for posting

Seems like just yesterday to me..... but awhile back AC Racecourse actually hosted a Grade 1 (500k) event

The one I remember most:

…philly.com/1994-06-25/sports/25834967_1_coz…

…philly.com/1994-06-27/sports/25834447_1_shu…

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
4,826 posts
362 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Atlantic City Race Course / Parx Racing!

I agree, I love going there, brings back many "memories" of Atlantic City in it's heyday!

3. Re: Atlantic City Race Course / Parx Racing!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:59 pm, May 07, 2013
Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
4,826 posts
362 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Atlantic City Race Course / Parx Racing!

Great article in the Atlantic City Press....

pressofatlanticcity.com/sports/thousands-enj…

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
4,826 posts
362 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Atlantic City Race Course / Parx Racing!

April 29, 2013 ... Mays Landing, New Jersey ... Atlantic City Race Course announces a record 35+ year record attendance with 13,258 fans on track for Sunday's racing card.

It's official! For the 2nd straight year, South Jersey's longest running hit - the Atlantic City Race Course - broke longstanding attendance records announcing today a 35+ year record attendance with over 13,000 fans visiting the Jersey Shore oval for Sunday's live thoroughbred racing. Guests visiting the storied attraction packed the parking lots and Grandstand entry gates hoping to pick the winners on the 6-race card. Two days remain of the 2013 Annual Turf Festival for those fans looking to be a part of the historic 68th racing meet at Atlantic City Race Course.

"We are so grateful to South Jersey," remarks track President Maureen Bugdon. Each year, our numbers are climbing and fans are returning in record number to support this historic facility and our incredible turf contests." When asked what she attributes to the yearly growing audience, Bugdon responds, "its several factors. I believe the nostalgia of this track combined with full-fields, a fabulous, lush turf course, guest-requested amenities and, of course, the hardest-working team in the racing business all combine to create a winning recipe. I looked out on the crowd from the Winners' Circle yesterday and saw the real royalty in the Sport of Kings - the 13,000 fans who never disappoint in supporting Atlantic City Race Course. Our team is humbled and so grateful for their loyalty."

Racing continues Tuesday, April 30th and concludes Wednesday, May 1st with 6 and 7 races respectively. First post is 3:30pm with races running on the half-hour. Wednesday's card includes the 8th running of the $50,000-Added Tony Gatto Dream Big Stakes, the track's signature stakes.

For more information, contact 609.645.5200.

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
6,172 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Atlantic City Race Course / Parx Racing!

I'm glad they are drawing a good crowd. I can remember many years ago when I was growing up in this area they would draw huge crowds almost every night.

7. Re: Atlantic City Race Course / Parx Racing!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, May 02, 2014