We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weekend deposit amounts for Resorts and Golden Nugget

Which Atlantic City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
12 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Weekend deposit amounts for Resorts and Golden Nugget

We're heading off to AC this weekend for a well earned break. The Hotel's web site says they keep as a deposit the total amount for the room plus an extra 100 dollars deposit. We're paying 450 for the room, plus another 550 in deposit fees - the deposit seems kind of steep - especially for a gambling resort . Is this normal practice for a weekend in AC? With the amount of money just for a room and the cut in our gambling budget maybe we would of been better off flying to Vegas for 3 days.

upstae ny
Level Contributor
196 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Weekend deposit amounts for Resorts and Golden Nugget

Thank you! And you as well

Ocala, Florida
7 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Weekend deposit amounts for Resorts and Golden Nugget

Resorts does exactly what we do at the Marriott in AC too, when a guest checks in, the card is "authorized" for the amount of the stay, plus an additional amount for incidental charges (that amount depends on the guests legnth of stay) Hotels have to make sure that credit cards have enough $$ on them to pay the bill at the end of the stay. I can't tell you how many times people give a credit card that has no money or available credit on it - which, if we took - and the guest leaves - we have no way to collect payment for the room. Hotels all over the country do this - If a guest wants to pay cash at the end, that is fine - the hold is released immediatly at check out - but unfortunatly BANKS hold onto it for days before THEY release the funds back.

new york city
Level Contributor
39 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Weekend deposit amounts for Resorts and Golden Nugget

you would be better off flying to vegas. i love a.c. but if i had money to fly to vegas as much as i go to a.c i would go to vegas. i feel a.c is a poor mans vegas

14. Re: Weekend deposit amounts for Resorts and Golden Nugget

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, March 02, 2014