We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Borgata Buffet. Going Downhill?

Long Island
Level Contributor
28 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Borgata Buffet. Going Downhill?

I vacation in AC 2-3 times a year. Been doing it since Nugget was Castle. Going again March 2-8

Anyway, Borgata is the only resort I'll stay at, but I think the Buffet has gone downhill. I still think it's great, but not as good as it used to be.

Any opinions??? Been reading some similiar postings about other buffets. Wondering what your experiences have been with buffets.

Also, I'm always looking for good dining tips. Anyone have one? Personally I will always recommend Cuba Libre and Ri Ra at The Quarter, Evo at ***** Plaza and Fornelletto at Borgata. What restaurants do you like?

NJ
Level Contributor
3,822 posts
1 review
Save Reply
11. Re: Borgata Buffet. Going Downhill?

nemartin saw right through this one.......

but Mensch, I'll humor you........... When was your last trip to BG?

new york
Level Contributor
326 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Borgata Buffet. Going Downhill?

I was at Borgata the other day and had dinner at the buffet. It was very, very good, as usual. I see no decline in quality. And apparently neither do any of the posters who responded above. I hope that anyone scanning the forums will read the repsonses and see that the topic heading represents a minority opinion.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
569 posts
1 review
Save Reply
13. Re: Borgata Buffet. Going Downhill?

I just ate the Buffet on Sunday - as good as usual!!! Also tried Izakaya for the first time - thouroughly enjoyed that as well!

new york
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
8,750 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Borgata Buffet. Going Downhill?

We also ate at the Borgata buffet on Sunday. Everything was fine and the oysters Rockefeller were an absolutely delicious addition!

But it is sad they are not open every day.

Washington
Level Contributor
4,610 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Borgata Buffet. Going Downhill?

March 2-8; may I recommend the Caesars Sunday Brunch (from 10 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.) on Mar. 3rd during your stay? Peeled x-large shrimp, rack of lamb, fillet steak, salmon stuffed w/crab, bay scallops or swordfish or chillean sea bass (varies), eggs benedict, cheese blizes w/side sauces (the best), custom omelets, an array of fruits & desserts, champagne/mimosas; everything in the price is inclusive.

Sea Blue@Borgata; Arturo's@Ballys; Morton's (varies)@Caesars; Chef Vola's (just off the boardwalk on Albion); Dock's Oyster House (on Atlantic Ave.). Everyone has their preferences whereas what one person likes another may not.

Middletown, New York
Level Contributor
63 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Borgata Buffet. Going Downhill?

We ate at the Borgata buffet last Thurs. the 21st and my husband and I were kind of disappointed, we both agreed that it wasn't as good as it usually is. A few hot dishes were cold and desserts were a bit on the stale side. Also no mini cannolis. I do have to add that we ate at the Harrahs buffet on Sat. night and were very surprised that it was excellent. It had been a couple of years since I really enjoyed their buffet and it was great.

, NY
Level Contributor
124 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Borgata Buffet. Going Downhill?

I think the borgata Buffett is the best in AC. However for brkfst they could offer more Danishes and a few more hot items .the Mohegan Suns buffets are outstanding. Also not happy with the buffet closing tues/weds. Was there for sun/ mon nite pres w/e and that tues the lines for Starbucks met cafe and B &B were horrendous. I waited in line at B&B for an hour. The borgata was still packed tues am and on the heels of a big holiday w/e with many making it a try long w/e they have the Buffett closed. I too will be avoiding the no buffet days

Piscataway, New...
Level Contributor
492 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Borgata Buffet. Going Downhill?

Bringing this topic back from the dead....

I went to the Borgata buffet yesterday to celebrate a friend's 21st and the food quality was definitely slipping. Selection was less (what happened to the rest of the Asian section), food quality seemed subpar (they used chicken wings in the paella instead of actual pieces of chicken like last time), and when I tried to get the salmon wellington (which did not taste good at all), the chef was giving a rude look and did not want to make eye contact when she gave me a slice. I remember coming here two years ago and the food did not taste as bland, or lacking in selection and quality before. The server was good and constantly refilled our drinks but besides the table service, we were unimpressed. We don't plan on returning to the buffet.

Edited: 11:01 pm, January 14, 2014
NJ
Level Contributor
3,822 posts
1 review
Save Reply
19. Re: Borgata Buffet. Going Downhill?

Did they remove General Tso's?

Piscataway, New...
Level Contributor
492 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Borgata Buffet. Going Downhill?

They had the General Tso's but it was chewy, tough and overcooked. Rice was soggy and unappetizing in quality.