We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trump Plaza or Bally's???

CT
Level Contributor
78 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Trump Plaza or Bally's???

so, since we will be going in late july when it's way too hot to keep walking to the center/cesar's pier/outlets evryday, and our friends are staying at atlantic club, i figure resorts is too far. so to narrow it down, i'm torn between bally's and trump plaza. cesars is double the price, so that won't work. all the reviews of bally say not to stay in claridge tower, but then a lot of them say that bally's puts you in claridge whether you like it or not. and there are bad cust service reviews of trump plaza, plus their website says the pool is closed, for how long i don't know. any info on these two hotels would be appreciated. do either charge a fee to use the pool? how is the beach front (crowded, clean)? are the rooms/bathrooms decent? is getting an ocean view room difficult? thanks for the input!!!

Arlington, VA
Level Contributor
118 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Trump Plaza or Bally's???

As I said before, I would go with Trump Plaza....Bally's has really fallen off the map recently. They are letting the property go.

CT
Level Contributor
78 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Trump Plaza or Bally's???

thanks everyone for the info. after reading some not so great reviews of trump plaza i was a little worried, but sounds like its a better chioce than ballys for the central location and without the high prices of cesars.does anyone know what dining options there are for weekdays in july? i know off season a lot of restaurants are closed during the week but is this also tru for the summer season? as far as staying in the east tower vs the main tower, are they connected? if we stay in east and want to use the pool how accessible is it or is it better to stay in the main tower? also, is there a hottub/jacuzzi by the pool?

Philadelphia/Atlanti...
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
15,155 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Trump Plaza or Bally's???

Most restaurants will be open. I know some still close 1 or 2 days a week, but in July, they should be in full Summer swing. And there's tables that Trump Plaza puts out on the boardwalk for breakfast at... drat, I can't think of the name right now, but it's a good choice to sit & people watch

GardeniaPalm
Level Contributor
2,198 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Trump Plaza or Bally's???

Candy- As long as you know what to expect (a dated but clean room) you will have a good time at Trump Plaza. If you go in expecting a five diamond resort you will be let down big time.

In the summer most things are open. Evo, 24 Central, Roberto's, Rainforest Cafe and Max's should all be open in Trump Plaza (there's also some quick bite places like Sbarro, Nathan's and I one or two other things that are escaping me now) but if you don't find something you like there then Caesars is literally steps away.

The East Tower and Main Tower are connected but you do have to walk a little to get from the East Tower elevators to the Main Tower elevators. It would be easier to stay in the Main Tower if you want to use the pool and don't want to go through the lobby to get back to the East Tower.

There are no hot tubs by the pool but I believe there are some in the spa area.

As an amendment to what I said earlier to Ballysgirl- I see on their site now where it says the spa is closed for seasonal maintenance. This is not the pool area, just the spa.

Central Islip, New...
Level Contributor
423 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Trump Plaza or Bally's???

Gardenia, thanks for your reply! Have you eaten at Robertos Italian Buffet? Looks pretty good.

GardeniaPalm
Level Contributor
2,198 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Trump Plaza or Bally's???

I have not! I'll have to try it one of these trips!

Are you staying at Bally's first or Trump Plaza first?

Central Islip, New...
Level Contributor
423 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Trump Plaza or Bally's???

Atlantic Club on tues. Trump weds-thurs. Ballys thurs-fri. I book 2 night stays so i dont have to rush in the morn and can pop back in the room while playing even if i sleep at the other hotel. Its a little weird but i've always done that lol.

GardeniaPalm
Level Contributor
2,198 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Trump Plaza or Bally's???

Well, at Bally's it could work out well if they decide to pull a fast one on you ;) LOL! I see why you do it, not weird! :)

Philadelphia/Atlanti...
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
15,155 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Trump Plaza or Bally's???

Ya know, now that I thought of it, I think Atlantic Club's beachbar is only Fri~Sun. Maybe it's Thur~Sun

Harrys Oyster Bar in Ballys serves breakfast outdoors. Of course the photo I found includes snow njmonthly.com/downloads/9389/download/Harrys… Here's the menu harrysoysterbar.com/admin/uploads/Breakfast-…

20. Re: Trump Plaza or Bally's???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, February 03, 2014