We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sometimes CZR gets it right!

The Woods
Level Contributor
335 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Sometimes CZR gets it right!

I know many here have debated the pros and cons of staying with Caesars properties or jumping ship, but I find that sometimes it matters who is in charge of a particular property, not painting all CZR with one brush.

I was invited to Harrah's Philly for a New Years Eve dinner and decided to take them up on their offer. Everything from start to finish was awesome. The dinner was at the Cove restaurant, and the menu included mixed organic baby lettuce with spiced candied walnuts, coach farms crumbled goat cheese and raspberry vinaigrette, filet mignon accompanied by jumbo lump crab stuffed shrimp, potato gratin topped with warm wild mushroom and grilled asparagus salad. Dessert was a dark chocolate dome with dolce de leche center, a white chocolate truffle, pistachio praline milk chocolate mousse, and cacao nib florentine.

The host was in a tux, and the servers were all very friendly. There was also a jazz trio. We were given hats upon arrival and there was just a great party atmosphere throughout our dinner.

Security was everywhere, greeting the customers and wishing them a happy new year. Drink service was great even as it got later and more crowded.

Even when leaving, the valet greeted us with "happy new year, hope you enjoyed your stay", and gave us each a bottle of water for the ride home.

I don't mean to sound like a Harrahs cheerleader, but I've found over the years that Harrahs' Philly seems to know how to treat their customers and if there's ever a problem, I've found that it is rectified quickly and to the customer's satisfaction.

Although I still visit the AC CZR properties during the summer, Harrah's Philly is my favorite.

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
3,429 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sometimes CZR gets it right!

Nice to hear the positives and it sounds like you had a great time.

NJ
Level Contributor
3,823 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Sometimes CZR gets it right!

Eas- Glad that you enjoyed your visit to chester.

I think, like all CZR props they have their pluses and minuses. I have had great experiences there, and "less than great" experiences as well.

Bridgewater, New...
Level Contributor
2,280 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sometimes CZR gets it right!

Happy to hear you started the new year on a positive note. Dinner sounds yummy

4. Re: Sometimes CZR gets it right!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 pm, January 06, 2014