We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kiosk Check In and Room Preference

Which Atlantic City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Fairfax County...
Level Contributor
2,341 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Kiosk Check In and Room Preference

I have never used a Kiosk to check in and want to hear people's experience. Do they just assign you a random room in your room category, or do they allow you to pick from a number of rooms?

For example, if I used the Kiosk to check in and they assign me a room on a lower floor, is there anyway for me to request a change to a higher floor at the Kiosk, other than to walk over to the front desk?

On an airline website, we can usually pick from all available seats on a seat map.

Philadelphia...
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia
Level Contributor
3,351 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kiosk Check In and Room Preference

The one time I tried checking in via the kiosk at Harrah's, I was given a few options of rooms on different floors. You do not get to choose any open room in the hotel.

Fairfax County...
Level Contributor
2,341 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kiosk Check In and Room Preference

Thanks. I would be happy to pick from just a few.

Anyone used the one at Revel?

GardeniaPalm
Level Contributor
2,198 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kiosk Check In and Room Preference

Have not stayed at Revel but Bally's is the same as Lauren said- there are options of a couple different rooms.

They also showed an upgrade availability once when I had only a deluxe room reserved.

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
837 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kiosk Check In and Room Preference

We have used the kiosk at both Bally's and Harrah's. I remember there being a few room choices, but not many. If we had specific preferences, we would always check in at the front desk. One of the last times we stayed at Bally's we used the kiosk and our reservation was for non-smoking, however when we got to our room it was smoking. It was just an inconvenenience to drag the luggage back down and wait on line to get the room switched.

Fairfax County...
Level Contributor
2,341 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kiosk Check In and Room Preference

Thanks. It is interesting to hear Bally's shows upgrade availability on the kiosk. That is something to consider as well. At the front desk, we can always ask (nicely) if there is any upgrade possibility. At the kiosk, there is no one to ask.

I don't expect a busy hotel to have more than a few rooms available at any moment, as people check out throughout the morning, then the rooms get cleaned, and arriving guests constantly show up to grab what is available.

On the other hand, in AC on a weekday in winter, there could be more rooms vacant, unfortunately.

GardeniaPalm
Level Contributor
2,198 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kiosk Check In and Room Preference

Ed- Honestly in my experience it will all depend on your level of play, at least at CET properties. Not a big player? Don't expect any sort of complimentary upgrade, even if they have the availability. I went down to AC the day after the blizzard of 2010 and Caesars refused to give a complimentary upgrade to some of my family. There was NOBODY there. They (my family members) got them (Caesars) back last year off an upgrade trick tip I gave them, but for the most part they charge no/low players for the rooms no matter what. You would think if they had the availability they would try to put their best room forward but I guess that's not their way of thinking.

My advice at any property is (if there's no or a very short line) try the kiosk first. If you don't get something you like then stand in line and wait for clerk.

I don't know when you're going but when you do I hope you hit a big jackpot! Have a great trip!! :)

Philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
1,411 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Kiosk Check In and Room Preference

The Revel Kiosks are quite simple. You get no choice in rooms but I have found all of mine acceptable. If you don't like what you are assigned you can always go to the line. One tip if you show up before 4pm they kiosks will say not available till 4pm and after but they will work now (they didn't used to). So basically just ignore the message and follow the instructions.

I have literally been from my car to the kiosk and to my room in under 5 minutes on more than one occasion.

Edited: 1:10 am, December 14, 2012
Baltimore, MD
Level Contributor
1,825 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Kiosk Check In and Room Preference

How does the early check in fee thing work at CET kiosks?

Fairfax County...
Level Contributor
2,341 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Kiosk Check In and Room Preference

Thanks for the tips about the upgrade and the early in possibility. I was not thinking along the line of free upgrade offers. But now that you mentioned it, I started to hope for it :-).

When I stay with Sheraton elsewhere, I often get an upgrade offer with the welcome email from the GM. It usually is along the line of "for an extra xx dollars, you can upgrade to a room on the Club floor". The amount varies greatly. So if it is only $20 dollars more, I often take it for the lounge amenities.

10. Re: Kiosk Check In and Room Preference

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, December 18, 2013