We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good News/Bad News @ Atlantic Club: Elite/Ultra

Which Atlantic City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York, NY
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
5,731 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Good News/Bad News @ Atlantic Club: Elite/Ultra

in addition to the post-sandy and seasonal restaurant closures at the atlantic club, i've noticed recently that the chairman's club was closed a week or so ago, with a notice that said "see you new years eve!" it also said that it was closed to make "improvements."

now, improvements would be welcome at the chairman's club, as it is arguably the worst players' lounge in atlantic city. small and crowded, with harried service and a drab array of happy hour food (chicken fingers, spring rolls, cocktail franks) that looked like it had been sitting around for a few hours, even if it was just brought out.

via snail mail today, i received a letter from the atlantic club saying that "several significant improvements" were being made:

• the new club will now be open to ultra members only; admission continues to be free for member and one guest

• an upgraded dining experience will include an "all new menu brimming with upscale choices like sliced filet mignon, lobster ravioli, new zealand lamb chops, crabmeat stuffed shrimp and pistachio crusted chilean sea bass"

so the bad news is that the club is closed for the entire month of december. the good news is that players will notice "a marked enhancement to the level of personalized service" in the new lounge, along with much better food... unless, of course, you're an elite member, in which case the bad news is that you're no longer welcome at the chairman's club.

i'm "ultra" at the atlantic club, which is why i received this letter from their COO. are there any "elite" players who received a letter informing them of the club's closure and perhaps offering news of another dining option or other "make good" for the elimination of a promised benefit?

Old Bridge, New...
Level Contributor
806 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good News/Bad News @ Atlantic Club: Elite/Ultra

I am an elite player at The AC, and have not yet received any letter from them.

NJ
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Good News/Bad News @ Atlantic Club: Elite/Ultra

I am an "Elite" player, yesterday I received the exact same snail mail letter as UK stated. I thought it was quite odd, since they were telling me about the wonderful new Chairman's Club that I was no longer able to get into.

UK, no other dining option was mentioned to "make good" for the elimination of this benefit, thus far at least!

Central Islip, New...
Level Contributor
423 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Good News/Bad News @ Atlantic Club: Elite/Ultra

I just became an elite member last week. I have not received any correspondence from them. As usual my timing is perfect! lol At least I get to stand in the Elite line at the coffee shop lol

Atlantic City
Level Contributor
548 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Good News/Bad News @ Atlantic Club: Elite/Ultra

Hopefully they'll give the current employees some training in customer service. The Chairmens Club had the worst food and even lousier service.

West Long Branch...
Level Contributor
886 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Good News/Bad News @ Atlantic Club: Elite/Ultra

I am elite ( have been sinince august) and i am not too happy about this, oh well what can i do?

NJ
Level Contributor
3,823 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Good News/Bad News @ Atlantic Club: Elite/Ultra

"i am not too happy about this, oh well what can i do?"

You could stop playing Atlantic Club, use their free rooms, and establish yourself elsewhere.

West Long Branch...
Level Contributor
886 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Good News/Bad News @ Atlantic Club: Elite/Ultra

Your right that I coup, I just don't know were else would be a good place for me. I don't like trump, I feel cesears ent gives poor comp. I did use to play at resorts, the Borg is too high end for me and I really don't like the vibe I got from when I went to revel. Maybe the trop is a good fit?

NJ
Level Contributor
1,299 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Good News/Bad News @ Atlantic Club: Elite/Ultra

Elite here as well...did not receive anything. Jaguars06-we went to the Trop last month after many years of not playing there...had a great time, and am looking forward to going back.

Atlantic City, New...
2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Good News/Bad News @ Atlantic Club: Elite/Ultra

The "new" club is exactly like the old club, except with lamb chops - there seems to have been no other changes - anyone who is an elite member is not really missing out.

10. Re: Good News/Bad News @ Atlantic Club: Elite/Ultra

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, January 22, 2014