We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Additional charge for early check-in

Which Atlantic City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
500 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Additional charge for early check-in

Will be spending 3 days at Caesars next week. Is it true that Caesars is charging an additional $10.00 for early check-in?

New York, NY
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
5,703 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Additional charge for early check-in

i think the fee may vary according to the hour you check in, the day and the demand, but on a recent monday, i heard the front desk quote $11.20 for a 12:30 PM check-in at caesars.

Edited: 9:31 pm, November 19, 2012
bohemia n.y.
Level Contributor
71 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Additional charge for early check-in

Showboat has also started charging for early check in. As far as i'm concerned they can keep it.So now nobody wants to check in till after 4,the line gets really long.Usually stay at the Taj but couldn't get the day i wanted,so i got a comped room at Showboat.Room was fine but i can't see paying for early check-in,just on principle.Has anyone ever heard of this practice?I have'nt.

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
17,306 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Additional charge for early check-in

Stayed at Showboat Saturday Oct. 6. We got there early and tried to check in, but they said $10 for early check in. We declined and checked in later. That was the first we heard of it and then I read about it on here shortly after that.

pennsylvania
Level Contributor
700 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Additional charge for early check-in

Was down a few weeks ago and the women at showboat told us we were lucky and then started to explain that if it had been one day later we would have to pay a $10 fee to check in early. We try and get down there between 11 and 12 but now we'll just plan on arriving later, or at least checking in later. But like someone earlier posted tit's gonna make for some really long lines at 4pm. Are they gonna have extra help at the counters checking people in????

Atlantic City, New...
Level Contributor
1,198 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Additional charge for early check-in

On our last night in an AC CET hotel a couple of weeks ago (Harrahs Friday night), we played all day at The Borgata and had dinner there before leaving for Harrahs because of the early checkin charge. Previously, Harrahs would have received all of our afternoon play.

I do not understand how this decision would help CET's AC revenues.

Just another bad decision.

Since they charge $8 more a night in fees for a comped room, it just makes us book all future nights at The Borgata. I have cancelled all CET reservations. The Borgata is starting to give us more Friday nights anyways plus some Fiore Suite nights midweek so bye bye CET. Doubt we will even bother getting Platinum next year just to have free parking.

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
500 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Additional charge for early check-in

We plan to arrive around noon at Caesars on Monday.

Don't suppose Caesars would allow me to check us in at 4:00 PM if my hubby goes gambling (he loves Showboat) . ???? I believe the reservation is in his name only.

I do not gamble (I shop). However, I do have a Rewards Card.

This whole thing stinks!

pa
Level Contributor
3,301 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Additional charge for early check-in

Just another nail in CET coffin and the continuing DOWN FALL of A/C!!!

Baltimore, MD
Level Contributor
1,825 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Additional charge for early check-in

There is already another thread on this subject, but from what I have read the fee can be anywhere from $10 on up (I think $40-$50 is the highest I have ever heard). Just remember to ask if you get a discount for checking out early.

Not a big deal off season to me, but if it's a nice day to go to the beach I will be staying elsewhere.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
241 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Additional charge for early check-in

Pretty sure this is for high demand times and I can't blame them. I've always checked in around 2 with no issues even after this was put into place.

If your trying to check in at noon on a Sat and they wanna charge you can you really blame them?

New York, NY
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
5,703 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Additional charge for early check-in

well, like i said above, i heard someone quoted $11.20 on a recent post-sandy monday, so that blows the theory about high demand times.

it's a profit center, plain and simple.

however, they pretty much have carte blanche to wave the fee for qualified guests or for any reason they like. i routinely check in at 2 PM on fridays and i have never been told about the fee or charged the fee. i also check out at 2 PM (or even 4PM on some days) and have never been charged a late checkout fee, either... or even told about one.