We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Expect a traffic mess Saturday morning.

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
6,217 posts
83 reviews
Save Topic
Expect a traffic mess Saturday morning.

The AC Triatalon will be held Saturday 9/15 starting at 7 AM. The participants will be on the Expressway and Albany Ave at times resulting in road closures or lane shifts. They will also bike on the boardwalk. Last year traffic was a mess. If you're coming into town early Saturday use route 30 and use Pacific Ave to go across town.

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
6,217 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Expect a traffic mess Saturday morning.

Correction on my post they run on the boardwalk and bike on the expressway.

New York
Level Contributor
483 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Expect a traffic mess Saturday morning.

We'll be arriving around 12 noon. Do you think it will still be a problem?

Thanks so much

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
6,217 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Expect a traffic mess Saturday morning.

I'm not sure when things will clear up but I would think by noon it will be better. The story I heard on the radio said they have a better traffic plan than last year but last year 400 people took part and this year there are 1200.

Ventnor City, New...
Destination Expert
for Walt Disney World, Orlando
Level Contributor
4,415 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Expect a traffic mess Saturday morning.

The Expressway is scheduled to reopen at 11 a.m. Yeh, they sold out this year, all 1200 slots.

The Atlantic City marathon will be on October 21 but won't cause traffic tie-ups getting into the city. The worst traffic problems will be in the Marina area from 8 a.m. until about 9:30 a.m. Getting to Revel maybe an issue until about 10:30-ish. By that time, everything is on the Boardwalk and Ventnor/Margate/Longport.

5. Re: Expect a traffic mess Saturday morning.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, September 22, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Atlantic City