We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Riser seating at Borgata Events Center

new york
Level Contributor
703 posts
40 reviews
Riser seating at Borgata Events Center

What is the riser seating like? Is it regular seats or bleacher seating?

New York, NY
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
6,020 posts
25 reviews
1. Re: Riser seating at Borgata Events Center

the "event center" is essentially a big ballroom. for many concerts, they put a large number of seats on the floor, all on the same level. then, further back, they put graduated risers on which they also place seats.

these are "regular" seats, not bleachers, and some might argue that they are actually better in some respects than the seats on the floor, even though they are further back. (there's less bobbing and weaving of heads on the risers, because your seat is higher than the person in front of you. also, the folks on the risers are less likely to stand for the entire concert, although this depends on the artist, i suppose.)

Level Contributor
135 posts
2. Re: Riser seating at Borgata Events Center

I have been to many concerts at borgata, both floor and riser seats, actually prefer the riser seats, a little further away but great views and more comfortable, the floor seats are folding chairs.

NJ
Level Contributor
3,822 posts
1 review
3. Re: Riser seating at Borgata Events Center

I much much much prefer the Riser seats.

Both comfort and view are better in the Risers.

staten island,ny
Level Contributor
27 posts
29 reviews
4. Re: Riser seating at Borgata Events Center

Does anyone have a picture of the riser seats and what they look like?

NJ
Level Contributor
3,822 posts
1 review
5. Re: Riser seating at Borgata Events Center

this is the only pic I could find

http://i35.tinypic.com/29pyvpg.jpg

Marlton, New Jersey
Level Contributor
250 posts
6. Re: Riser seating at Borgata Events Center

If the concert has general admission standing for the floor area, I would go for that.

It would not be hard to get close to the stage, if that's your thing. Also, you have to be cool with standing for a concert, of course.

I did both risers for Duran Duran and general admission standing on the two separate occasions that they played at the Borgata. I would take the general admission standing any day. We were able to walk right around the outskirt of the crowd and get a few feet away from the stage without any effort at all. Go early enough and you could be holding up the stage front and center. Again...if that's your thing.

staten island,ny
Level Contributor
27 posts
29 reviews
7. Re: Riser seating at Borgata Events Center

thank you!

i just wanted to see if they looked ridiculously small or anything LOL

brick, nj
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
8. Re: Riser seating at Borgata Events Center

I will never, ever sit in the first row of the riser seats. I always thought these were the BEST seats you could possibly find. First level up, first row. I guess it depends on the artist (this particular artist actually had wheelchairs and walkers lined up...never in my life have I seen that at a concert, and I'm only in my 40's). These people would not sit in their seat! There was a constant parade of people walking back and forth in front of me (obviously, not the ones in the walkers lol). It was so distracting...anyway, JMHO

New Britain
1 post
9. Re: Riser seating at Borgata Events Center

I'm wondering if they allow the people in the risers to enter the general admission area .

new york
Level Contributor
390 posts
10. Re: Riser seating at Borgata Events Center

I too prefer the risers if its a standing floor venue. You can walk up to the stage if you want but have a seat if you get tired.