We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driving from Ohio to Atlantic City this weekend

ohio
Level Contributor
36 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Driving from Ohio to Atlantic City this weekend

We live near the OH/PA line and will be driving to AC area on Saturday. We are planning to leave early (around 4 AM) in hopes to avoid heavy traffic going in. Google maps says to take 76 E all the way to 42 S to AC Expressway. Is this the best route to avoid all the other traffic going in for the holiday weekend?

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
3,520 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Driving from Ohio to Atlantic City this weekend

I'm right in your back yard. Hit the turnpike in Monroeville, its about 4 hours on it til you hit Valley Forge. Should be about $24 in tolls. You are now 90 minutes away from AC. Stay on 76 thru Philly and over the Walt Whitman Bridge. Follow the AC Expressway signs. We are actually leaving Sunday morning. We always leave at 5:00 am and are at Caesars before noon.

-----------------------------------------------

I may not get to AC often but when I do, I prefer Caesars.

Stay thirsty my friends.

Edited: 12:16 pm, June 26, 2012
Philadelphia/Atlanti...
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
15,155 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Driving from Ohio to Atlantic City this weekend

This route will include all the other Saturday Summer traffic. Saturday is changeover day at rentals. And there will be people driving to the beach for the day to escape the predicted heat. What time do you expect to be driving through Philly's gravitational field?

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
3,520 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Driving from Ohio to Atlantic City this weekend

If they leave at 4:00 AM, they should hit the Walt Whitman by 10:00 AM.. Good news, the Phillys are out of town so no baseball traffic.

Edited: 12:24 pm, June 26, 2012
Mineola, New York
Level Contributor
6,407 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Driving from Ohio to Atlantic City this weekend

At 10AM I would expect the AC expressway to be almost a parking lot! This is July 4th week.

ohio
Level Contributor
36 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Driving from Ohio to Atlantic City this weekend

If that's true, is there any way to avoid the congestion?

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
3,520 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Driving from Ohio to Atlantic City this weekend

I'm betting you'll be fine. This is not your typical holiday weekend, being the 4th isn't until next wednesday. There may be some traffic, but no way a parking lot at that time of the morning. Plus depending how you drive and how many times you stop on the way, you may hit the Bridge between 9:00 - 9:30. I've made this drive a couple dozen times now including holidays. I fear Philadelphai baseball & football traffic much more than any traffic on the AC Expressway. bongo330Ohio, if you have any more questions, feel free to e-mail me.

---------------------------------------------------

I may not get to AC often but when I do, i prefer Caesars.

Stay thirsty my friends.

Lumberton NJ
Level Contributor
672 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Driving from Ohio to Atlantic City this weekend

If that's true, is there any way to avoid the congestion?

Yes there is!! However, if you are past Philly by 10am, you should be ok. If you are running late, it may be a issue.

ohio
Level Contributor
36 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Driving from Ohio to Atlantic City this weekend

Thanks RanMan07. You sound like you know what you are talking about so I will go with your suggestion. We will make sure to get out of the house early. Have a good trip and good luck at Caesars!

9. Re: Driving from Ohio to Atlantic City this weekend

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, June 28, 2013