We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Do I need a car while inAtlantic City

Ann Arbor, Michigan
Level Contributor
78 posts
59 reviews
Save Topic
Do I need a car while inAtlantic City

Have a hotel on the boardwalk and will be in town for about 4 days. Do I need a rental car or is public transportation a reliable option?

Lumberton NJ
Level Contributor
672 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Do I need a car while inAtlantic City

When I go to AC, I park my car and never use it until I leave. Unless you want to take a side trip, you will not need a car.

Philadelphia/Atlanti...
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
15,155 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Do I need a car while inAtlantic City

I rarely use my car in AC ~ that is, if I even take it to AC. Jitneys run 24/7 at $2.25 fare, cabs max out at $13 within AC city limits. Hmmmm... once in January, I had to wait over 10min for a jitney at Showboat. And last Summer, at 5:30am or so, I had a long jitney wait at Harrahs, seemed like 10minutes, gave up and caught a cab. Otherwise, I haven't had long waits for jitneys

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
3,353 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Do I need a car while inAtlantic City

I park my car when I get to AC and don't go back to it until I leave. You can walk anywhere you want to go on the boardwalk, or take a jitney or a rolling chair if you don't feel like walking. If you want to go to and from the marina area, you can take the jitney as Rship said.

If you are staying at Caesars, Showboat, or Bally's -- or if you're staying elsewhere but you have a Platinum or higher Total Rewards card -- another option is to use the free Total Rewards shuttle between those three properties and Harrah's. It's not a great option because the shuttle runs unpredictably, it stops at 10:30 p.m., and demand exceeds the availability of seats. But I did manage to use it a few times on my recent trip.

Beltsville, Maryland
Level Contributor
890 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Do I need a car while inAtlantic City

We have never used a car in AC. We arrive by public transportation (NJ Transit from Philly) and use the jitney to get around. If we're really in a hurry we'll cab it. Super easy and very convenient.

5. Re: Do I need a car while inAtlantic City

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, June 27, 2013