We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Atlantic City to Washington DC

Which Atlantic City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Atlantic City to Washington DC

We are from Scotland and will be touring this area. I tried to book a Greyhound bus from Atlantic City to Washington on Fri June 3rd but it seems only to run on a Thursday. Trains are quite pricey and don't give the same opportunity to see the area. Can anyone please recommend an alternative. Many thanks in advance.

NJ
Level Contributor
6,572 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Atlantic City to Washington DC

The Greyhound station is very near the Market East Station in Philadelphia.

The NJ Transit train stops at 30th Street Station in Philadelphia.

The Market-Frankford SEPTA line connects 30th Street Station to the Market East Line or you can take a taxi.

Edited: 10:03 am, May 10, 2011
ALEXANDRIA
Level Contributor
5,271 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Atlantic City to Washington DC

The Greyhound runs from AC to DC every day. Are you looking on www.greyhound.com? What time are you wanting to leave?

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Atlantic City to Washington DC

Thanks for replies. I think it was on Greyhound .com. Probably leave around mid morning to early afternoon latest.

Edited: 11:06 am, May 10, 2011
ALEXANDRIA
Level Contributor
5,271 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Atlantic City to Washington DC

There is a bus that leaves Ballys bus station at 12:45pm on Friday. On the Greyhound site you will purchase it as a 1pm Atlantic City departure. However I strongly recommend picking up the bus where it originates at Ballys and not waiting for it to get to the AC bus terminal. That is the most "direct" to DC bus schedule you're going to find. It makes less stops than the other routes and there is no transferring. For this reason that bus is very popular. Sometimes it fills up completely at Ballys and doesn't even go to the AC bus terminal.

I haven't taken it on a Friday, but on Sundays it is mobbed. I would get to Ballys bus terminal around noon and wait in line for the bus. If I remember correctly it leaves from bay 3, but double check that when you get there. You need to wait in line outside the doors by the bay it is going to pull up in. If you're sitting in the chairs inside the terminal you don't count as being in line and if the bus fills up you'll have to wait for the next one.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Atlantic City to Washington DC

Brilliant info!

I have purchased the tix online so hope we get on it OK. It seems the time difference may have caused the problem as when I entered Saturdays date Friday showed up fine.

Thanks a million all. Not sure who replies to these queries but I have had great feedback.

I appreciate you taking the time.

USA Here we come - again!

ALEXANDRIA
Level Contributor
5,271 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Atlantic City to Washington DC

Have a great visit!

You will want to stop by the AC bus terminal itself to pick up your tickets. There was a kiosk at Ballys last time I was there, but it was always broken. There is no personnel at Ballys to buy a ticket from. The AC bus terminal is about 3 blocks from the Ballys bus terminal.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Atlantic City to Washington DC

Oh great! I wouldn't have thought of that till too late likely.

Hopefully I'l remember to check it beforehand.

Thanks again.

8. Re: Atlantic City to Washington DC

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:15 pm, October 01, 2012