We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boardwalk Empire

New Jersey
Level Contributor
564 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Boardwalk Empire

Has anyone been invited to the Premiere Party at Caesars 9/16 or going to their Viewing Party on 9/19?

I just bought the book. I think HBO is going to get me this time, as a I plan to become a subscriber this week. Can’t wait to watch it on Sunday!

United States
Level Contributor
20,504 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Boardwalk Empire

Does it start Sunday?

It looks like it's going to be HBO's next great series.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
564 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Boardwalk Empire

Yes this Sunday at 9pm.

HBO/Harrah's is running a very cool sweepstakes.

If anyone wins, please invite me down :-)

http://www.harrahs.com/boardwalkempireac/

new york
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
8,714 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Boardwalk Empire

The local AC press has posted a link to their warm-up documentary: “Boss of the Boardwalk,” the full 45 minute video. You can also link to “Boardwalk Empire” e-Edition. See both here:

pressofatlanticcity.com/blogs/boardwalk_empi…

Boston
Level Contributor
120 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Boardwalk Empire

Are there any show-watching parties on Sunday?

New Jersey
Level Contributor
564 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Boardwalk Empire

Found this on the ’net...

True history buffs will want to check out the panel discussion & viewing party of the premiere of HBO’s Boardwalk Empire at Caesars Circus Maximus Theatre on Sunday, September 19th at 7pm. The event will include a panel of local historians. First 50 people coming to Caesar on Sep 19 will receive a goodie bag along with a reissued copy of the book in association with the series.

oxford,nc
Level Contributor
1,173 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Boardwalk Empire

I'm realy geeked about this series.Watched the documentary on line yesterday.Looking forward to Sunday.

new york
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
8,714 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Boardwalk Empire

There are also a few Boardwalk Empire $19.20’s restaurant deals being offered until the end of this month. A few here seem pretty good:

www.atlanticcitynj.com/bwempire_dining.aspx

Buffalo NY
Level Contributor
1,223 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Boardwalk Empire

I usually get most Caesars offers and didnt get anything on this.

United States
Level Contributor
20,504 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Boardwalk Empire

There seem to be 3 episodes back to back to back Sunday night starting at 9 oclock EDT. I am assuming they are all episode 1 and not three different episodes. I hope so because my DVR is setup to record only the one starting at 9.

New York, NY
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
5,792 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Boardwalk Empire

>>Has anyone been invited to the Premiere Party at Caesars 9/16 or going to their Viewing Party on 9/19?<<

i was invited to both, but am going to neither.

>>There seem to be 3 episodes back to back to back Sunday night starting at 9 oclock EDT. I am assuming they are all episode 1 and not three different episodes.<<

episode 1 is 73 minutes, yet the HBO schedule shows it airing from 9 PM ET to 12:30 AM. (it repeats at approximately 10:15 and then again at 11:30.)

that's an unusual scheduling block... and might anger subscribers. showing the same episode three times is unnecessary with so many other options... HBO 2, HBO 3, HBO on Demand, HBO GO and DVRs. i understand why they would want exposure for the new series, but it's hard to understand why they would do that. it's rather unprecedented.

Get answers to your questions about Atlantic City