We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

XmasTrip To Ballys Cancelled

canada
Level Contributor
1,553 posts
1 review
Save Topic
XmasTrip To Ballys Cancelled

Unfortunately we had to cancel our Xmas trip to Ballys as the weather is not the greatest for driving such a far distance. I am going to try to make it down in the middle of January on a greyhound.

pa.
Level Contributor
482 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: XmasTrip To Ballys Cancelled

sorry to hear TERM.i'll keep things going til you get here again.Happy Holidays!!!

Queens, NYC, NY, USA
Level Contributor
173 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: XmasTrip To Ballys Cancelled

Sorry to hear! Any cancelled trip to AC is a sad event. I'm going to Bally's on Jan. 3rd (2 night comp), I'll think of you and throw a few quarters in the slots in your honor! :)

Hope you get to go again soon!

ALEXANDRIA
Level Contributor
5,272 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: XmasTrip To Ballys Cancelled

I will be there again this friday. sorry you cant make it :

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,197 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: XmasTrip To Ballys Cancelled

Terminator... That really s^cks; I know you and the folks were really looking forward to going since your October trip. You'll just appreciate it more when you get there in January. <grin>

Look on the bright side, though: if you do indeed take Greyhound next month, you'll be spared of having to do the driving yourself. Driving for 12 hours, or whatever it takes you, can be pretty darned tiring.

Will your parents accompany you if you go Greyhound?

canada
Level Contributor
1,553 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: XmasTrip To Ballys Cancelled

Hey Bud , best to you and your family in the new Year, If i go it will be jan 16 , but it depends on if i can get 2 more days comped besides the 2 days i have already offered for January because the Greyhound is about 16 hours lol , It goes from Ottawa to Montreal to NYC to AC. That is the long way. If i go it will be alone, Also in total we have about 500.00 dollars in cashback on our cards so i can just bring their cards with me, i really don't want to waste the cashback as it expires Jan 31.

Baltimore
Level Contributor
149 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: XmasTrip To Ballys Cancelled

Hope you make it to AC soon. However, I took the Greyhound from AC to Maryland, my home, and was not pleased. Although it was inexpensive, it was not a happy experience. Bus was full, reading lights out in my seat and others, and traffic impossible. Better was taking the train from Baltimore to Philadelphia to AC, this last let via NJ Transit on my way up to AC.

Since you are coming from Canada, I would recommend taking a train to New York or Newark and then taking NJ transit. Only when I need to cut back on expenses would I take the Greyhound again. Or, if you can find a private bus operator and live within the confines of that operation. My next trip will be by rail or by private operator (Baltimore has several reputable ones).

Hope you get back to AC soon; I can tell you miss it.

Loch Arbour, New...
Destination Expert
for New Jersey
Level Contributor
4,242 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: XmasTrip To Ballys Cancelled

unfortunately, NJ transit trains only go as far south as Bayhead, no where near AC. You would have to take the train to Philadelphia and then get the train to AC from there.

Get answers to your questions about Atlantic City