We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Showboat or Harrahs?

Bergenfield, NJ
Level Contributor
76 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Showboat or Harrahs?

We are doing a short, 1 or 2 nite trip to AC with our 10 year old. Ok, I know about kids in AC, but we are going to a minor league All Star game at Sandcastle Stadium and I can get two comp nights at eithe of these hotels. What can anyone tell me about non gambling activities at either or these 2 hotels. Interested in pool, beach, video arcade, etc..... Thanks

NJ
Level Contributor
1,227 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Showboat or Harrahs?

We've stayed at Harrah's numerous times (with kids). It's nice, maybe a little more family oriented than Showboat, however it's on the marina - no the boardwalk - so there's no beach access. Harrah's has a decent size gameroom (check that it wil be open!) and an indoor pool. Also, there's mini-golf on the roof in the summer months. (I'd call, and double check this, because we haven't been there for over a year.) They also have a fabulous "Fantasy Reef Buffet" which has a tunnel of fish tanks you walk through, very cool. Also, marina hotels get a more upscale crowd than the boardwalk hotels. You can take the jitney (I think it's just a couple of dollars) to the boardwalk - go to pier with rides for your son - ask where is best stop for that.