We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

saw their shoes TR

oxford,nc
Level Contributor
1,186 posts
Save Topic
saw their shoes TR

CET junket 9/8-10

Long line at airport to get boarding pass.Usualy real fast-turns out there was a mix up with CET sending the manifest to the carrier and half the passengers had to be verified by phone 1 at a time & passes made out by hand.Plane boarded on time,but then sat at the gate for an hour(for a 45 min flight) as flight crew had to check hand written manifest.Good news was I scored a first row seat in a comfy 1st class seat.

Room was ready on arrival at Caesars AC.Nice room in Centurian Tower,but no view - oh well-place was full because of the pagent.

Beautiful weather and I enjoyed the Boardwalk all weekend both walking and riding the tram.Wonderful people watching & the boards were packed.

Had dinner Fri nite at Harry's Oyster Bar.Sat at the bar as I was solo this trip and had a great bartender very friendly & talkative.Also met some nice folks at the bar - so much better than sitting at "the lonely guy table" Food was great,too.On the way out I stoped & listened to the band out on the lawn(which was packed on a lovely nite)I love "live" music and had a great time.Highly recommended!

Sat I met with old friends at the Steel Pier Bar to watch the parade. It was so great to see them & we had a front row table.Met other nice folks as well & we had a big time enjoying the parade and adult beverages.The cars in the parade were great to see - Olds 442,"57 Chevy,old Caddy ElDog among others.I also enjoyed seeing many of the winners from years past,who still looked great,although a few had "fleshend up a bit" It was sad to see the Taj-my former AC home-closed up.I had many fun times there.I was also reminded of the time I saw the Four Seasons at the Steel Pier in the Summer of "67 when I had just turned 21. Jeez! - time flys when you"re having fun! When Ms NC came by I walked out to her car,told her where I was from & we high fived.(told ya about the adult beverages)What a wonderful time!

I got a lot of gaming in too.Earned 5,000 Tier Credits & thanks to a $2K handpay,actualy came home with a rare profit of $500! Can't ask for a better trip than that!

Safe travels & jackpots to all,

Johnnylite

9 replies to this topic
Bryans Road
Level Contributor
4,723 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: saw their shoes TR

Well done! Wish there were more TRs posted here!

Headed back tomorrow! Had not been back to the Boardwalk since the Borgata opened until attending the 7* Signature Event in July.

Had such a good time we just have to give it another go!

New York, NY
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
6,002 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: saw their shoes TR

johnny!

so glad to see your trip report and to learn of your return to AC. we miss you on the forum and on the boards; glad to hear about your profit and the handpay... hey, wait a sec... 2K? could that possibly have been quad aces with kicker in $1 DDB?

as for your former home... the seminoles may have access to the player lists from the taj and may choose to market to those players... in which case, you may well be invited back on a junket.

oxford,nc
Level Contributor
1,186 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: saw their shoes TR

Hey UK-good to be back.

You're zackly right on the HP.I'd been playing BP to make my money last,but could not hit a thing.Ran out of my session BR & said heck with it - fished a few twentys out of walking around money and switched over to DDB.Held 1 Ace- pulled the other 3 plus a kicker ! Went from a Gee down to a Gee up.Whoo! Whoo!

Daytona Beach...
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
3,783 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: saw their shoes TR

Hey Johnny- missed seeing you here on the boards... thanks for the trip report - glad you had fun at Steel Pier watching parade with friends! Especially glad you went home a winner!!

new york
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
9,507 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: saw their shoes TR

Hey Johnny ~ Glad to see you had another winning AC trip, and thanks for sharing a few thoughts here. Come back again soon to ride the new Steel Pier Wheel.

Philadelphia/Atlanti...
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
15,155 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: saw their shoes TR

I thought for sure johnnylite had posted something about a Bucket List here on TA ~ I am unable to find it. I'm further urging along what EZy posted & suggesting to make a point to make a visit to ride the Steel Pier Observation Wheel. For me. I am anxiously awaiting for this observation wheel to open

Fremont, California
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
32,492 posts
6,400 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: saw their shoes TR

Fun to read TR. Thanks.

Jackson, New Jersey
Level Contributor
690 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: saw their shoes TR

I am a betting man and i would wager johnnylite was not looking at their shoes !

oxford,nc
Level Contributor
1,186 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: saw their shoes TR

You got me,bob L.

You win the bet!

Reply to: saw their shoes TR
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Atlantic City