We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

quickest route from new york city to santa marta

Which Santa Marta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
nyc
Level Contributor
90 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
quickest route from new york city to santa marta

What i the best (quickest)way to fly to Santa Marta from New York?

Also, returning from Cartegnena-bet way back to New York?

THanks

Bogota, Colombia
Destination Expert
for Colombia
Level Contributor
3,864 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: quickest route from new york city to santa marta

redgoose. I would say fly NY-Cartagena (Spirt air but that may involve a stopover in Ft.Laud. then Bus,taxi,or fly (aires) -Santa Marta same for return.

Bogota, Colombia
Destination Expert
for Colombia
Level Contributor
3,864 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: quickest route from new york city to santa marta

Just checked online Avianca has lots of flights NY-Bog-Cart so that pretty much sums it up a stop over in Bogota then a flight to Santa Marta with Av. or any other Col. AL would be quickest or like i said in prev. post NY-Cart.-santa Marta.

nyc
Level Contributor
90 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: quickest route from new york city to santa marta

Thanks for all the useful information. Can you rent a car and drive from Cart to Santa Marta or is it too long or unsafe? Thanks

Bogota, Colombia
Destination Expert
for Colombia
Level Contributor
3,864 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: quickest route from new york city to santa marta

Yes you can rent a car but they tend to be a little pricey the route is fairly safe & the road is good most of the time .A better option maybe a Priv. transport company (Marsol) was one rec.by solobares or a cheaper option i use in Col. is a inter/urban bus (approx U$11) Cart/St. Marta.All above are safe & run freq. sched. serv. to S.Marta.

Get a direct serv. to S.Marta try to avoid one that travels via Barranquilla . If you need any more help let me know.

Oakland, California
Level Contributor
723 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: quickest route from new york city to santa marta

I would fly to Santa Marta through Bogota. In addition to Avianca, Continental (EWR) and Jet Blue (JFK) fly nonstop to Bogota from NY. From Bogota, you can fly Copa (a Continental affiliate), Avianca, or Aires. The "collectivo" from Cartagena to Santa Marta can take up to six hours because it often stops in Barranquilla to pick up and drop off passengers. They might tell you it's nonstop, but that is no guaranty it in fact will be - it all depends on the passenger demand that particular day. Avoid like the plague.

6. Re: quickest route from new york city to santa marta

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:22 pm, October 25, 2012