We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Learning Spanish in Santa Marta

Which Santa Marta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Berlin
11 posts
Save Topic
Learning Spanish in Santa Marta

I am looking for a Spanish course in Santa Marta for a beginner. 5-7 days which gives me a good introduction to the language with which I can travel, A school or a private class with a small group would be best.

Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Learning Spanish in Santa Marta

Hi

Elsa Valencia is an excelent Spanish teacher for private tution. Write her at elsaligia@hotmail.com or check her homepage www.neotropical.se

Good Luck

Sven

Edited: 11:54 am, February 04, 2011
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Learning Spanish in Santa Marta

Thank you fyi

Edited: 8:40 pm, October 04, 2011
Santa Marta...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Learning Spanish in Santa Marta

Centro de Espanol has just started at the Brisa Loca Hostel in the centre of town. This is a great option as they do small private classes and small groups, max 6 people. They have quality materials and the location and teachers are good. The prices are cheap at around $50 (US) for a weeks classes. contact English Andy for more information on 300 554 3311 or email centrodespanol@gmail.com

Edited: 4:52 pm, February 06, 2012
Bogota, Colombia
Destination Expert
for Colombia
Level Contributor
3,772 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Learning Spanish in Santa Marta

Aaa la acento Costeño..se le come la ese (s) y los Paisas se lo arrastran a s! In my opinion the best español is spoken in Bogota.

Well I guess a week in the beautiful city of Santa Marta will be an added bonus.

Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Learning Spanish in Santa Marta

Hi again, Elsa that I mentioned above is not from the coast but from the interior so she's having a very clear and easy to understand accent. Last time I looked into her homepage www.neotropical.se I saw that she's also renting two apartments in the same building where the Spanish classes are. An apartment with internet, jacuzzi, cableTV for 210 usd per week! Wish I'd done that when I was there!

Santa Marta...
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Learning Spanish in Santa Marta

Private Spanish classes in Santa Marta, native speaker teacher 8 yrs experience

http://spanishclassescolombia.blogspot.com/

Newcastle, Australia
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Learning Spanish in Santa Marta

Hi all,

We may have an opportunity to move to Santa Marta with my husbands work and 3 children 7 years and under. We are living in Australia where we are from and would love to touch base with any families who have moved to and are living in the area with children. Can anyone help??

Many Thanks

Michelle

8. Re: Learning Spanish in Santa Marta

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, November 27, 2013