We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation from Barranquilla to Santa Marta

Quito, Ecuador
Level Contributor
53 posts
568 reviews
Save Topic
Transportation from Barranquilla to Santa Marta

Can you please tell me which is the best way to get to Sta Marta from Barranquilla's airport? Any other recommendation about hotels or visits are welcomed

Thanks in advance

Bogota, Colombia
Level Contributor
208 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transportation from Barranquilla to Santa Marta

From the airport you can get an authorised taxi to take you to Santa Martha for about US$25 - COL$45.000. It is about one hours drive but before leaving Barranquilla you may want to have a look at Puerto Colombia which is the oldest port in Colombia. For that you'll have to negotiate with the taxi driver.

Santa Marta has two hotel areas, El Rodadero which is the more expensive one on the beach, and the Bahia (the center) where you can find cheaper hotels and apartments.

On the way, the scenery changes completely you'll pass La Cienaga (swamps) Grande de Santa Marta which once was very pretty but now because of the road that goes through it the area looks a bit destroyed. The fun thing is that the wind is SO strong that you can feel it from inside the car.

From Santa Martha you can visit: Taganga, a really cool little fishing village and Parque Tayrona, a MUST!

Enjoy Colombia!

Abrazos

Marcela

Havana, Cuba
Level Contributor
5,355 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Transportation from Barranquilla to Santa Marta

Take a taxi from the airport to the bus terminal. They're pretty close. About 15-20 minutes in a cab. From there - obviously - get the bus. I don't if the door-to-door services do pick up's at the airport. The couple of times I went between Quilla and S Marta I was in apartments in town, so was picked up there. I used Marysol. No complaints.

Havana, Cuba
Level Contributor
5,355 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Transportation from Barranquilla to Santa Marta

You beat me...

Havana, Cuba
Level Contributor
5,355 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Transportation from Barranquilla to Santa Marta

But are you flying in from Bogota? If so, why not fly directly to Santa Marta? 3,000 pesos with Aires (before taxes)

Quito, Ecuador
Level Contributor
53 posts
568 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transportation from Barranquilla to Santa Marta

Marcela, hablas español? podrias pasarme un modo de contactarte en directo con otras preguntas?

Saludos,

Lorena

Bogota, Colombia
Level Contributor
208 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Transportation from Barranquilla to Santa Marta

Hola Lorena

Claro encantada... escribeme a colombia.travel.marcela@gmail.com

Abrazos

Marce

Havana, Cuba
Level Contributor
5,355 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Transportation from Barranquilla to Santa Marta

Con tu correo publicado aca vas tener un montón de spam, Marcela.

san antonio, texas
Level Contributor
12 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Transportation from Barranquilla to Santa Marta

When are you going?

9. Re: Transportation from Barranquilla to Santa Marta

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:41 am, March 20, 2011