We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How far is Tayrona Parque from Santa Marta??

Seattle
Level Contributor
576 posts
1 review
Save Topic
How far is Tayrona Parque from Santa Marta??

Just wondering how far and how long it takes to get to Tayrona Parque from Santa Marta. Is it possible to go there during the day and then back to Santa marta at night? Thanks.

London, England
Level Contributor
33 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: How far is Tayrona Parque from Santa Marta??

hola

I grabbed a taxi and it took about 45 minutes - from memory about C$60,000. I arranged my return taxi via the receptionist. There are cheaper shared public transport services but it depends how much home work you do and whether you speak Spanish. Tayrona Parque is a big place with a number of entrances and possible destinations, some not accessible by road - so be very clear on your end game. Good luck

London
Level Contributor
108 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How far is Tayrona Parque from Santa Marta??

If you are wanting to go there just for the day it may be better to arrange a boat from Taganga. If I remember this cost around 40,000 per person and you avoided paying the entrance fee to the park.

I went by bus from Santa Marta market and it was very cheap, no more than 5,000 thats for sure. You will then have to pay the entrance fee and its worth getting the jeap from the entrance to the start of the trail to arrecifes as the initial walk isn't really worth it.

usa
Level Contributor
37 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How far is Tayrona Parque from Santa Marta??

are there usually boats in taganga looking to bring people to Tayrona or do you have to try to arrange it yourself ?

i only want to do day trip & was thinking of going with this option.

London
Level Contributor
108 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How far is Tayrona Parque from Santa Marta??

Stayed in Taganga for over a week and every morning when we'd walk to Playa Grande the guys on the beach would be trying to get us to go to Tayrona by boat.

usa
Level Contributor
37 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How far is Tayrona Parque from Santa Marta??

more importantly, would they come back to Tayrona in the afternoon to pick you up ???

London
Level Contributor
108 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How far is Tayrona Parque from Santa Marta??

Yes they do. You can either do the one way trip, stay the night maybe and get a bus back or do there and back on the boat.

usa
Level Contributor
37 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How far is Tayrona Parque from Santa Marta??

great, appreciate the advice, will give trip report when i get back.

8. Re: How far is Tayrona Parque from Santa Marta??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, August 26, 2010