We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ecohabs tayrona park

Which Santa Marta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
chicago
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Topic
ecohabs tayrona park

is it possible to avoid the costly services of Aviatur? i can't find a direct link to reserve an ecohab at tayrona park without going through a middleman. does anyone one know how to get around this?

considering that very few are available..i'd rather not find myself stuck without a reservation if i were to arrive there on my own by bus from santa marta.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ecohabs tayrona park

When I worked for the National Park System it used to be a direct booking with the "Unidad Administrativa de Parques Nacionales"... Perhaps give them a call +57 1 353 2400... do you speak Spanish? That would be very handy! Good luck!

chicago
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: ecohabs tayrona park

Hey, thanks for your reply! I've already been on the trip and managed to reserve the Ecohab via a typically-priced middleman ahead of time. It's a wonderful place and in my opinion worth the high cost. I'll try your contact number next time, because I definitely want to return. The staff are very supportive, yet they maintain a pace which reminds you to relax. A great place to slow down and submit to allowing yourself to behold beautiful surroundings in total comfort.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
4 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ecohabs tayrona park

Hi Mike,

I read your post in regards to traveling to Tayrona and staying at the ecohabs and I was wondering if you could answer or assist me the some questions I may have.

1.) How did you arrive to Tayrona? I saw in your post that you took a bus from Santa Marta. Did you fly into Santa Marta or did you come via bus from another city?

2.) How did you go about booking your room at Ecohab? I do not speak Spanish, but if I needed to I am sure I can find a colleague who would be able to help.

3.) How much was the room per night?

I am having a hard time finding relevant information to assist us in our travel to Tayrona. It seems like such a beautiful place, I would hate to miss out.

If you could offer this first time Colombian traveler any advice on travel and lodging at Tayrona would be much appreciated.

Thank you in advance for you time.

Best,

Diana

Atlanta, Gerogia

chicago
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: ecohabs tayrona park

HI

i think it's possible for you to find a better deal on lodging rates for tayrona's ecohabs if you wait until you get to santa marta. there are eager tour vendors on every block. i prefer to have my accommodations reserved in advance. i tried to find other operators or middlemen but i think aviatur has the headlock on tayrona. nonetheless, a worthwhile place to relax IF YOU GO FOR AT LEAST 4 NIGHTS. allow yourself the time to become familiar.

we took collectivos from city to city. we went Cartagena-Barranquilla-Santa Marta-Tayrona. a cab got us back into Santa Marta from Tayrona, and from there you can jump on the bus to Cartagena....no hassels at all. bought tickets 1/2 hour before the bus arrived...there's a schedule which most hotels can find for you.

collectivo...it's the best way to travel, and the hotel desk will arrange the pickup for you. the desk will also tell you what the fair price is. IT was always so GOOD! set this up the day before travel, and be ready earlier than they might tell you to be.

if you haven't picked accom in cartagena, i recommend Bantu hotel without any hesitation. AWESOME

a very comfortable place in (to the South before the crowds of) Santa Marta is Irotama, but expensive. you'll love the iguanas everywhere as well as raptors. free saunas plus jaccuzzzzzzi - just go. spend the money...what are you working for anyway?! fun waterfall pool and slide. lovely evening walks on the grounds. totally safe and no one is there to hassel you with trinkets (unless you're on the beach and let me say, that it is very controlled there. NO pressure..until you see what they have WOW!) they have the best juice bar which was a treat everyday (at least twice per day) tamarindo and loads of mysterious and wonderfully tasty fruits which you simply decide whether you want the sweet or the more acid in the moment. talk about not from concentrate and ALL NATURAL!!!

walk around Cartagena all night...never had problems in side the old district as well as all along the walls. sit on a bench at the many parks and watch the assemblage of youth coming to put on a show. they'll drum and dance with smiles that are genuine.

5. Re: ecohabs tayrona park

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, December 20, 2009