We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

are there beach vendors like bocagrande

pennsylvania
Level Contributor
680 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
are there beach vendors like bocagrande

I found the beach vendors in bocagrande to be very persistent will it be the same as san andres

Canada
Level Contributor
38 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: are there beach vendors like bocagrande

No..there may be some out there but I have seldom, if ever even seen one.

Bogota, Colombia
Destination Expert
for Colombia
Level Contributor
3,818 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: are there beach vendors like bocagrande

Elvis, San Andres beaches are public - like everywhere in Colombia, they attract freelance entrepreneurs...:)

Medellin
Level Contributor
3,235 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: are there beach vendors like bocagrande

It is nothing like Cartagena in that way. Some of course, but much more respectable; at least when we went.

pennsylvania
Level Contributor
680 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: are there beach vendors like bocagrande

Thank you I have gone io 3 beaches aound cartagena bocagrande was thee most intense

San Andres Island...
Level Contributor
111 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: are there beach vendors like bocagrande

I don't believe you will find many or any venders trying to push their wares on you. Be polite an say no thank you. Remember we are 400 miles from Colombia an the culture here is a mixture 300 years of African 75 years of Colombian and a mind set of Islanders. Things are laid back here without the big city mentality. If your pleasant non aggressive an smile a lot you will have a great time.

Welcome to my home an have a wonderful vacation.

pennsylvania
Level Contributor
680 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: are there beach vendors like bocagrande

I have been here a week maybe a stroling vendor or two bu on nothing like bocagrande

Montreal
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: are there beach vendors like bocagrande

There is not many beach vendors and a simple "No, thank you" will suffice. Stay polite and you will have a great time.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
1,562 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: are there beach vendors like bocagrande

Typhoan is completely right. Don't go to a Mexican Beach, you will be surrounded by beach vendors, lol.

Just came back from Puerto Vallarta, full of them but for me it's part of the scenery. I don't mind and actually I bought certain items form them. Acapulco was like that as well. You say "no": simple...lol. They want to make some $$$ and they are working hard to sell. Some people prefer beach vendors instead od going to flee market.... They buy their souvenirs there without having to run at shops to get those. Keep smiling and you will be fine.

Robert, Montréal, Québec, CANADA

pennsylvania
Level Contributor
680 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: are there beach vendors like bocagrande

I didnt have a problem with beach vendors in san Andres I started this thread after being swarmed in BocaGrande

ther were a couple of beach vendors as in 1 or 2 on San andres but they just presented their wares

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Level Contributor
2,421 posts
1,187 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: are there beach vendors like bocagrande

Some people might offer you jet ski rides or a trip to Johnny Cay. But it's way lighter than the annoying people in Bocagrande.