We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

taxi driver that speak french

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
38 posts
1 review
Save Topic
taxi driver that speak french

We are travelling from Montreal on February 4-18 with my in-laws who are french speaking only and I would like to organize a tour with a local who speaks french, anyone know anybody?

While taking the local bus is there many routes?

I want to show my in-laws the different Decameron hotels on the Island would it be on the same bus route?

oes anyone know the weight limit for luggage on Canjet flights and is a meal usually offered or you have to pay extra?

I know it is a lot of questions but i like to be prepared . Thanks in advance.

San Andres Colombia
Level Contributor
236 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: taxi driver that speak french

Most Taxi drivers are native Islanders who speak Creole, English, and Spanish. I will ask around if there is anyone that can speak French. I don't have great hopes but I will try. There are several bus routes and most pass by the Decamaron Hotels. Many of the bus driver speak only Spanish but you should be able to find a Native Islander who will help you. Most Native Islander (Razials) are Afro-Cribbean so should not be much of a problem finding one that speaks English. Hopefully you speak English and some Spanish it will be of great help. In my opinion you would be better off renting a golf cart and finding a local boy to show you around. Remember this a Colombian owned Island that caters to the Spanish speaking Colombians. Good luck and hope you enjoy the Island.

Belleville, Canada
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: taxi driver that speak french

All luggage weight limits can be found here..( click on link)

canjet.com/en/…baggage.aspx

I have never met any of the 'locals' who speak French...suggest what RAZIAL says above.

enjoy

Edited: 7:09 pm, January 01, 2013
San Andres Colombia
Level Contributor
236 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: taxi driver that speak french

Have an Lebanese Islander friend who speaks French, German, Arabic, English, Creole, Spanish, and Lebanese but not much help for you as he is a electronic store owner and not a tour guide. Will keep asking.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
38 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: taxi driver that speak french

During our last trip we met a taxi driver by the the name of Angel and he gave us a tour of the island, do you know him? He was great.

I am also if Banana is still around, we met him outside the Decameron San Luis?

San Andres Colombia
Level Contributor
236 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: taxi driver that speak french

Banana (A Razial) is still around . Hangs out in front of the Decamaron Hotels. Just ask around.

6. Re: taxi driver that speak french

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, January 08, 2014