We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New law for the Islands.

San Andres Colombia
Level Contributor
236 posts
Save Topic
New law for the Islands.

I am not sure if this has been stated before. But for everyone who is coming here the following applies.

All tourist, mainland Colombians, and anyone without an OCCRE (A permanent resident card) Must show proof of Hotel reservation or if staying with an Islander friend that friend must meet them inside the airport at the OCCRE office with proof (OCCRE) that they are a residdent. I know this as a fact for last week a friend from Australia came to visit and I received a phone call fro the airport OCCRE office to come and vouch for him. I believe but not sure if you arrive without a prior reservation they will force you to get one right then or hold you until the next flight out. Seems a little harsh but we have a great illegal emigrant problem here and over population. Everyone wants to live in Paradise

1. Re: New law for the Islands.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:16 am, December 18, 2013