We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Scuba-diving at San Andres

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Topic
Scuba-diving at San Andres

Hey, I'll be visitng San Andres for a few days later this month. I would love to get recommendations on the best diving clubs on the island and best diving sites around.

San Miguel de...
Destination Expert
for San Miguel de Allende, Central Mexico and Gulf Coast
Level Contributor
6,810 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Scuba-diving at San Andres

I dived with Werner at Karibik Divers for a couple of days. He was extremely pleasant, and picked me up from the airport on his motor cycle. I had forgotten my dive computer and he loaned me one to take to Providencia, at no cost, and trusted me to return it to him.

The diving on San Andres is nothing special in my view, but Werner picks the best sites according to weather conditions, since these can vary enormously day to day. I was lucky in that, on one of the days, I was on my own and so we were able to go to places suited to experienced divers. Otherwise, it might depend on the expertise of the group; that's an indication that safety is paramount.

2. Re: Scuba-diving at San Andres

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, July 12, 2013
Get answers to your questions about San Andres Island