We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wedding In San Andres

Melbourne, Australia
2 posts
Save Topic
Wedding In San Andres

Hello, can anyone recommend a wedding planner in San Andres?

Thank you!

Bogota, Colombia
Destination Expert
for Colombia
Level Contributor
3,914 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wedding In San Andres

I have the name of a hotel on the beach,they be able to arrange all your needs ..if you like you can pm me for more info...

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
11 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wedding In San Andres

Hi!

So, I will try to sum it up:

1. I had a catholic wedding at Iglesia San Judas Tadeo. The priest's name is RUBEN DARIO. They have an outside chapel that is very nice. The priest himself is really nice! You will need all permits way before you get there.

2. Regarding the EXTRAS :-):

a) We stayed at Decameron Mar Azul. They organinized the WHOLE reception. You will have lots of options to choose from, depending on your budget. ORSCAR PARDO AND JOHN AND EVERYONE ELSE FROM THEIR TEAM WAS JUST ABSOLUTELY GREAT. I DON'T HAVE ENOUGH WORDS TO THANK THEM FOR EVERYTHING WE DID FOR US. They will help you with anything and everything you can think of.

b) No, I didn't have a wedding planner. I looked for one but I was told it was better to do it through the hotel as they know everyone and you can trust them.

c)For the photos go with NOEL www.noelfoto.com. He is just amazing. He will get you a video guy as well. VERY professional, respectful, honest people. A piece of advice though, remind them to dress smartly. I just assumed they would and the cameraman turn up with a bright yellow (old) T-shirt :-/, but apart from that, they really were GREAT.

d)For flowers and anything els you need, contact La Senora ALBA. She did a FANTASTIC job with the flowers (If I were you, I would get her to to the Church as well, rather than letting the priest do it his way). Just make sure you call her at least 4 or 5 times and regularly so that she doesn't make any mistakes and get her to write it down... we ashed for WHITE table clothes and she gave us pink. It looked really nice, but still, that was not the colour we had asked for. I guess you could hire her as a wedding planner..... I don't know... I never met her in person. I just sent her photos of what I wanted and she did the rest.... and more really. She did a great job with the flowers!

e) Tono played the saxo during dinner time. Really nice!!

I think that is it.

Good luck with the preparations. I only started about 6 weeks before the wedding and it all went extremely well. That is the advantage of DECAMERON really.

The only thing to remember is that they all do it all like in slow motion.... COSTENO style :-)

Enjoy it!

C

Melbourne, Australia
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Wedding In San Andres

Hello Claudia, thank you so much for your message, I eally appreciate your reply. I have been very stress about the wedding, because I is hard to organize it from here.

do you speak spanish?

I already contacted the priest Ruben Dario, he told me about a wedding in december between a colombian and Australian...is it yours?

Where did you have the reception? in Rocky cay or in the hotel?

I apologise por asking so many questions, but you are my closest reference.

I would love to have the opportunity to speak with you if possible...could I call you?

If yes, could you please send me your number and the time convenient for you.

kind regards,

Ingrid Tovar

doyou sp

Bogota, Colombia
6 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Wedding In San Andres

Hello.

Like you I am planning my marriage in San Andres with a group of about 10 people (family and friends). Decameron right now I wanted to give information because costs have not yet 2013, I'm looking for as much information as we wish to have a civil wedding, but from what I've read in saiweddings not possible because we have no residence in San Andrés.

I appreciate any information you can give me

Natalia

Hola.

al igual que ustedes estoy planificando mi matrimonio en San Andrés con un grupo de más o menos 10 personas (familia y amigos). en estos momentos Decameron no me quiso regalar información porque aun no tienen costos del 2013, estoy buscando toda la información posible puesto que deseamos tener una boda civil, pero según lo que he leído en saiweddings no es posible porque no tenemos residencia en San Andrés.

Agradezco toda información que puedan darme

Natalia

Bogota, Colombia
6 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Wedding In San Andres

Hello.

Like you I am planning my marriage in San Andres with a group of about 10 people (family and friends). Decameron right now I wanted to give information because costs have not yet 2013, I'm looking for as much information as we wish to have a civil wedding, but from what I've read in saiweddings not possible because we have no residence in San Andrés.

I appreciate any information you can give me

Natalia

San Andres Colombia
Level Contributor
236 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Wedding In San Andres

You can have a Civil wedding ( Married by Notary) anywhere in Colombia if you are Colombian. Very little paperwork involved. If one of you are a foreigner then its a different story. Lots of paperwork for foreigners. The best way to find out is go to your local Colombian Notary and ask. No problem here on the island if you have the right papers its the same as the Mainland. Only when you want to live here on a permanent basics that the rules are different then the mainland. Anyone can get married by the church here you just pay your money. But the marriage is not recognized by the Colombian Govt, as official unless you go to the Notary and get your papers first.

Edited: 10:29 am, September 01, 2012
Bogota, Colombia
6 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Wedding In San Andres

thanks for the information, at this time a friend is a tourist on the island and I hope she can get more information on this topic.

I appreciate your feedback and recommendations

Bogota, Colombia
Destination Expert
for Colombia
Level Contributor
3,914 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Wedding In San Andres

Natalia, to avoid all the extra costs and stress of having your wedding in S. Andres you could consider doing the civil wedding ceremony in Bogota. After the wedding you could have a romantic unrushed honeymoon on San Andres or better yet Providencia Island.

Edited: 3:37 pm, September 04, 2012
Bogota, Colombia
6 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Wedding In San Andres

Hello Playa4, Can you give me the information of name of a hotel on the beach that can offer the services I need for a wedding.

Bogota, Colombia
6 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Wedding In San Andres

Hello...!!!

Ingrid or Claudia, Can you give me information about your experience? I want to wedding in San Andrés I don't care if is Catholic or symbolic

Natalia