We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas in San Andres !

Quebec City, Canada
Level Contributor
5 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Christmas in San Andres !

As we will be spending Christmas in SA this year, I was just wondering what to expect ? Is there some special activities organized in the Decameron hotels for this occasion (we will be at the Aquarium) ?

San Andres Colombia
Level Contributor
236 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Christmas in San Andres !

Don't know of any "Special Actives" but do know that there are lots and lots of Colombian tourists. Prices are a bit high. Last year some of the stores locked there doors and would only allow people in when they let people out. If you like lots of people then you should have a good time.

Quebec City, Canada
Level Contributor
5 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Christmas in San Andres !

Thanks Razial,

Ohhh, not sure about lots and lots of people.... but as we will mostly doing scuba diving around the island, I'm pretty sure that the ocean is big enough for us all...:0))

What's the weather like in december in SA ?

San Andres Colombia
Level Contributor
236 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Christmas in San Andres !

Over 400,000 tourist per year. Over 100,000 people legal and illegal living here. Island about 12 miles by 3 miles and Dec. the most tourist of the year it may be just a little crowed. But it is still a wonderful place. At least for me. But that does not mean you can't have a great time. Dec. has less rain then Oct. Nov. but the rain is warm.

Quebec City, Canada
Level Contributor
5 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Christmas in San Andres !

This will be my second visit to SA.

I went for the first time in 2004 with my husband and some friends and we stayed at the Marazul at that time, wich was very nice. This year, we are going with our kids. Can't wait to epxlore the island with them !

We traveled a lot and SA remains in my heart as one of our best trip ever !!!

Hoping to have sunny and very warm weather as here we surely will have snow and freezing cold weather.....

San Andres Colombia
Level Contributor
236 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Christmas in San Andres !

Hope you have a great time.

6. Re: Christmas in San Andres !

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, November 12, 2012