We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trying to get jewellery stores to answer emails...help

Hamilton, Canada
Level Contributor
57 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Trying to get jewellery stores to answer emails...help

I am going to SA in jan or Feb and am looking to purchase an emerald ring or have one made if they will accept my scrap gold or any combination. Problem is I have written to two of the big stores on the island and no response. All one did is add me to their facebook page. so worried about dealing with them if they don't even answer an email. My email question was to send me some pics of mens emerald rings to give me a taste of what is avail already made.

Any forum members actually from the island and live there now? Please post here. I have purchased emeralds on the island before but not even that company responded. Make one wonder. Can hardly wait for our two week trip...just have to nail down a date now...

thanks for your help

Edited: 8:29 pm, October 01, 2011
Bogota, Colombia
Destination Expert
for Colombia
Level Contributor
3,886 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trying to get jewellery stores to answer emails...help

PM me & send me your contact info...some things are best not discussed on the internet.

Hamilton, Canada
Level Contributor
57 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trying to get jewellery stores to answer emails...help

please only want info about what I ask. Dont try to sell me emeralds. Ain't going there. This site is not for that purpose

London, Canada
Destination Expert
for Cartagena
Level Contributor
4,309 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trying to get jewellery stores to answer emails...help

Taylorsdad, if you check out the forum, there is a regular poster, Razial, who does live on the island. Perhaps he can provide you with some assistance if you send him a PM.

Edited: 10:55 pm, October 10, 2011
4. Re: Trying to get jewellery stores to answer emails...help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 6:05 pm, October 11, 2011
Edited: 6:05 pm, October 11, 2011
5. Re: Trying to get jewellery stores to answer emails...help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:22 pm, October 25, 2012