We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cost of weekly gof cart rental

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
48 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Cost of weekly gof cart rental

Hi! I am planning on staying at the San Luis in January. Does anyone know how much a golf cart would be to rent for a week? thanks!

Edited: 11:09 am, September 16, 2011
San Andres Colombia
Level Contributor
236 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Cost of weekly gof cart rental

cart rentals are sometimes all over the place you need to shop around. Find out from a few places the daily rate then ask the weekly rate (Which should be cheaper) there are no posted prices and it depends on whether its high or low season. On average between $40 to $60.00 per day depending how gringo you look.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
48 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cost of weekly gof cart rental

Hmm I'm pretty gringo looking! Thanks...we'll shop around when we get there

Bogota, Colombia
Destination Expert
for Colombia
Level Contributor
3,856 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cost of weekly gof cart rental

Just my 2 bits I'd rent it for a day or 2 unless you're staying in an apt/condo or have extra bodies...the rest of the time you can take the bus(cheap)

San Andres Colombia
Level Contributor
236 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Cost of weekly gof cart rental

Checked around today golf cart for 4 people average price $40.00 USD per day. at this time. High season could be more.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
48 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cost of weekly gof cart rental

Thanks! What are the rules on driving golf carts with alcohol in the cart? In cozumel we could have a beer while driving but it was nice to have some with us when we pulled over at beaches etc.

San Andres Colombia
Level Contributor
236 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Cost of weekly gof cart rental

No rules about alcohol ,driving with or without license underage and no rules of the road followed. We have had several accidents in the past few months 2 with buses. Tourist and people living on the Island drive like their the only ones on the road. So be careful.

San Andres Colombia
Level Contributor
236 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Cost of weekly gof cart rental

No rules about alcohol ,driving with or without license underage and no rules of the road followed. We have had several accidents in the past few months 2 with buses. Tourist and people living on the Island drive like their the only ones on the road. So be careful.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
48 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cost of weekly gof cart rental

Good to know, thanks! Yet another reason to opt for a golf cart instead of a scooter or something.

San Andres Colombia
Level Contributor
236 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Cost of weekly gof cart rental

Golf cart much safer then scooter. Tourist killed a few months ago on scooter. I sold my scooter and bought care just to be safe. Many accidents here. My wife has scooter and is a safe slow driver and has had 3 accidents in last 3 years. Bus or car the safest.

Gilbert, Arizona
Level Contributor
6 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cost of weekly gof cart rental

My husband and I just returned from San Andres this morning. We rented a golf cart for 7 days from Esmeralda Rental. They are located right across the street from Coco Loco Night Club. We paid about $41 a day and we requested a credit card transaction. They charged a small fee which came out to an extra dollar or so a day since we wanted to hold on to our cash. We had open beer cans and did not have any issues. I would highly recommend renting a cart - it was pretty hot during the day to walk. We simply stapped a backpack onto the back hitch with our towels and cold drinks so we didnt have to lug them around. We were able to find street parking everywhere downtown. Don't rent the scooters!