We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Living on San Andres Island

Reading, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Living on San Andres Island

Hello,

I know this will sound like a far fetched dream to many (as it probably is!!) but I would like to live on the Island for several months whilst Travelling this corner of the world this year.

Can anybody tell me how much I should expect to pay per month for very basic accommodation on the Island please?

any other information that you think might be relevant would also be welcomed,

thanks in advance,

Matt

San Andres Colombia
Level Contributor
236 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Living on San Andres Island

Sent u an email matt

Bogota, Colombia
Destination Expert
for Colombia
Level Contributor
3,818 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Living on San Andres Island

Matt:

I'm sure Raz will give u the straight scoop on SAI ,not trying to steer u away from your dream but I think u should try a short visit before u plan an extended stay.I doubt the Migra will give u much more than a 45 day visa if u land in SAI 1st. You may want to try Katty's paradise for a place to stay ( can be reached thru Werner's Karib divers) There also blue almond hostel I would also rec u give Provedencia Is. a try much more layed back option with nice vistas to boot .

Good luck

Placencia

San Andres Colombia
Level Contributor
236 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Living on San Andres Island

Playa4U is right. This Island is not for everyone. You may not want to stay after a few weeks. I would suggest an opened end ticket in case you want to leave early. The last I heard Gringos and mainland Colombians can stay 3 months and then if DAS approves u can extend for one month

A pain in the rear.After that one more month. 6 in all that is if you have a good reason Each time you have to get pictures,fingerprints fill out forms and keep going back. They may have changed the time limit. This Island is governed by Colombia so there are three ways of doing things here "The right way The wrong way and The Colombian way"

Bogota, Colombia
Destination Expert
for Colombia
Level Contributor
3,818 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Living on San Andres Island

Well Put Raz take care bud !

Reading, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Living on San Andres Island

Thank you all very much for your replies.

Razial, I will reply to your mail directly.

I have booked 7 days next month to visit with my Colombian Girlfriend, so I guess we will see how it goes!

Thanks again. :-) Cant wait to get out of London!

6. Re: Living on San Andres Island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:34 am, January 20, 2012