We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weather in San Andres

San Andres Colombia
Level Contributor
236 posts
Save Topic
weather in San Andres

Weather has been a little ruff these last few days.Rain and wind. Sea has been high. Hope it will be better soon before any of you arrive.

St. Catharines...
7 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: weather in San Andres

Hi there!

How's weather look for March?? We'll be arriving Mar7th for 2 weeks. Hope weather here in Canada is ok too as we have to travel 6hrs. by road to get to only flight out of Canada, in Montreal. I recently saw something about a canopy/cable type ride?? Have never seen that before in SA but then again, I haven't been there in almost 5 years! Can you tell me any more about that? As well as this glass-bottom type boat-thing?? I saw a pic. of. Prices and locations for these if you know? Thanks so much! We are sooooo looking forward to coming back there!! Can't wait!

Montreal
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: weather in San Andres

You are travelling out of Montreal on March 7th???? We are from Montreal and also leaving March 7th for 2 weeks to San Andres......your leaving on the 7am flight out of Montreal????? Which Hotel r u staying at? We are staying at the san luis Hotel.............the weather in MArch should be BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!! As i've done extensive research !!!!!! lol............Where are u comming from that your travelling 6 hours to get to Montreal?????? See u at the airport!!!!! Wait.....lol...how will we recognize eachother??????? lol......

Montreal
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: weather in San Andres

Also from what I've read..best rates r using your debit card.....no need to exchange ur money into US $$$$$$ then changing them to pesos! Also.....if you booked your package with "Nolitours" the departure tax from Columbia is $24 US but NOT for people who"ve booked with Nolitours..........It's included in their price!

San Andres Colombia
Level Contributor
236 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: weather in San Andres

Yes the best rates are by using a Debit Card. Thats all I use and I change 1000s a month. Each transaction you are charge the same fee so if you ask for 100,000 or 720,000 its the same. I have found only one bank ATM that exchanges the most 720,000 That is Bank Davivenda.They have an ATM at the airport and another across from the Casablanca Hotel outside their bank. Do not change money at your Hotel or the Airport or the guys standing outside the Banks you will receive a low rate. In reference to the weather March should be hot and dry but like many places in the world weather is not predictable.

St. Catharines...
7 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: weather in San Andres

Hi!

We are travelling from St. Catharines Ont. (boyfriend and I) meeting up with my cousin Danny and his wife (who live in Ottawa) for weekend, then all travelling together to Montreal for flight. See you at the airport!! (we're staying at Maryland) Recognize us?? Ummm; aged 45-50, Kim and I are small, Danny and Kerry are bald, LOL! (but they're probably wearing hats!!lol) Thanks foe banking tips; I already knew that but haven't been to island in 4 years and some things change. Also, yes, we are with Nolitours, Tax incl. this time! P.S. How will we recognize you?

St. Catharines...
7 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: weather in San Andres

Hi! Thanks for the tips!! I usually do use ATMs but haven't been to island in a few yrs. so wasn't sure the best $$ way to go. And yes, weather unpredictable everywhere!!! (really so here!! ) Birds and other wildlife start mating and nesting one day; the next day is another friggin' blizzard!!!) I really don't care what the weather's like in SA, as long as I don't have to look at anymore F'n SNOW!!! LOL!! (maybe run into you there; we like to trip around a lot!) Thanks again! , Wendy.

Montreal
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: weather in San Andres

Hi Wendy........I guess i overlooked it when you wrote in your post that you and ur bo have been to san andres before..........lol.......so i guess it is YOU that should give US some tips....lol Our FIRST choice was to stay at the Aquarium....but they did NOT have it available for March 7th and I really didn't want to wait any longer to get out of the COLD!!!!!!!!!!! After reading the reviews(for the most part anyways) san luis sounded good and for us a BEACH is very important.......and the price we paid was amazing ($2600 tax in) for 2 weeks ...so i'm not complaining...

mmmmmmmmm how to recognize us..........i'll wear a Montreal Expo hat!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol lol.............my boyfriend and I are in the same exact age group as you guys........... I am blond, with a short short layered styled haircut and my bo is around 5"9 or so with short black hair.........I guess i'll look for the 2 bald guys!!!!!!!!! lol.easier that way..oh wait....just thought of something...........our luggage is kinda ARMY COLOR green.........there.that should do it......... see you soon Wendy!!!!!!!! My name is Ingrid by the way..

St. Catharines...
7 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: weather in San Andres

Hi again Ingrid!! I apologize if you getting any doubles of this message but just having hard time posting out ont his site! Willl make it short this time: I'll most likely be wearing a Habs baseball cap (my team) and Bo, a Jeep or Cammy hat. We visit San luis a lot when we're there' (fantastic lunch buffet and they even have ice-cream!!) We usually stay Aquarium or Maryland <(fav) it's small and nice. Isleno was great too , but they tore it down :). We travel a lot on the island (is very safe to do so) Have met a lot of friends and famolies over the years so can't wait to see them!!! I wouldn't go back to a place 13 times if I didn't LOVE IT!! See ya at the 'port!!!

San Andres Colombia
Level Contributor
236 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: weather in San Andres

Weather warm but sea ruff today lots of breeze. Rain a little at night and sometime for short periods in the day. Not a typical February but still nice.

San Andres Colombia
Level Contributor
236 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: weather in San Andres

Weather warm but sea ruff today lots of breeze. Rain a little at night and sometime for short periods in the day. Not a typical February but still nice.