We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I need your help!! San Andres Island

Buenos Aires
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
I need your help!! San Andres Island

Hi! I'm travelling with my friends to San Andrés on January. I'd like to know a little about prices there, since we are from Argentina, and our budget is limitted!! Are there any markets or places where you can eat that's not very expensive? what about nightlife? are there any local pubs o bars where you can hang out with locals?

I'll be pleased to hear more abot this Island!! Thanks!

Sudbury, Canada
Level Contributor
915 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: I need your help!! San Andres Island

Hi Maruja, we were there in March of 2004, we found that prices were extremely cheap. Bottle of beer was $1. carton of smokes was $4.00. 26 oz of rum, was around $5.oo US (i think)

Suntan lotion, shampoo etc was cheaper there then in Canada

We stayed at the Decameron Isleno and took a taxi to the Marazul, it only cost us $4.00 US

We were advised by other travellers to save our US dollars, and to use the bank machine - which pays you in colombian pesos.

When we returned to Canada, the bank charged us $3.50 a transaction.

It is cheaper to pay for your items in COP then in US dollars. As the islanders have more difficulties changing US funds.

Hope this helps .. kat

Ontario
Level Contributor
398 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: I need your help!! San Andres Island

I did a few trips to SAI that were not all inclusive. It is very cheap to eat there. A basic meal was about $5 per person. Many restaurants in town offer delivery to hotels as well. My favourite place is Kikirikki, which is kind of like KFC. It is located near the Isleno hotel. Cabs are very cheap so you can take them all over the island. A cab from downtown to San Luis is only about $ 7 or $8.

Rome
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: I need your help!! San Andres Island

Hello Maruja,

I live right now in San andres Island, I will write in english as you wrote in english but I can too in spanish, San andres Island compare with Argentina can be a little bit more expensive right now but just a little bit, deffently San Andres is way cheaper than the rest of the islands in the caribbean.

What caracteriza San andres is that we are not an island full of forgenger tourims as another places here, you will find still the island at is it, with not Mc donalds or that kind of shops for tourst is still very tipical latino & caribbean a mix. of cousr there are lot of places where to eat without expend too much, night life for that season is good, you find some bars , discos with al kind of musis right now is on fashion Reggeton& regge, merengue & salsa always. the bars are full mainly for locals.

If you would like some further info please write me

calijan@yahoo.com or info@sanandres.it

Rome
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: I need your help!! San Andres Island

Hello Maruja,

I live right now in San andres Island, I will write in english as you wrote in english but I can too in spanish, San andres Island compare with Argentina can be a little bit more expensive right now but just a little bit, deffently San Andres is way cheaper than the rest of the islands in the caribbean.

What caracteriza San andres is that we are not an island full of forgenger tourims as another places here, you will find still the island at is it, with not Mc donalds or that kind of shops for tourst is still very tipical latino & caribbean a mix. of cousr there are lot of places where to eat without expend too much, night life for that season is good, you find some bars , discos with al kind of musis right now is on fashion Reggeton& regge, merengue & salsa always. the bars are full mainly for locals.

If you would like some further info please write me

calijan@yahoo.com or info@sanandres.it or cezanei@libero.it

Sudbury, Canada
Level Contributor
915 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: I need your help!! San Andres Island

Hi Cezanei... You are right, San Andres is a lovely unspoilt island. The people are so friendly and make it a place that you want to return time and time again.

Sudbury
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: I need your help!! San Andres Island

Hi, I'll be in SAI in January, 2006 also. What is your arrival date and do you know yet where you are staying? There are 3 in our group and we'll be there to party of the weekend(s) and relax during the week (Ok, maybe a little partying during the week too. :)

I've been to SAI before and have nothing but good things to say about it. You'll just love it.

You can send any questions to yuhu@personainternet.com.

Ciao,

Yuhu34

Get answers to your questions about San Andres Island