We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

did anyone spend time on Providencia

toronto
2 posts
Save Topic
did anyone spend time on Providencia

heading to san andres and providencia ... it seems only one place to stay on providencia any advice

colombia
Level Contributor
7 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: did anyone spend time on Providencia

at last!!! it seems one person is aware of the hiden treasures everywhere!!!! if you do go to san andresm i recommend spending some more and going to providencia instead. I beleive it has the most beatiful just about everything tha i have ever seen. if you still want more info. reply, and i will write back

USA
Level Contributor
176 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: did anyone spend time on Providencia

Mr. Gomez:

I'm interested! Any suggestions on Providencia web-sites? How many places are there to stay? I'm really intrigued.

If there's a place to snorkel that I can honestly say YAHOO--I want to go there.

So give me some suggestions--ok?

John

colombia
Level Contributor
7 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: did anyone spend time on Providencia

hi,

heres a uselful link of a hotel in the area, although the total number isnt more than five. Anyways, once youre there, you can change quite easily. Providencia is a really nice place to snorkel.. and the local people will be more than happy to show you where. the one included here is quite popular.

www.travel.com/Colombia/Providencia_Island/

Colchester
Level Contributor
507 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: did anyone spend time on Providencia

Went to San Andres quite a while back (1994 to be exact) and although it was quite nice I wish I had spent longer on Providencia, which was wonderful. We stayed at Cabanas Agua Dolce which were fantastic huge cabins with hammocks on the balconey. Were only supposed to stay one night but a storm grounded flights so the second night we spent at Capt Morgans hotel, also nice but not as much as the cabins. The people here didn't speak as much English as on San Andres, so brush up on the Spanish!

urbana, Illinois
Level Contributor
11 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: did anyone spend time on Providencia

Hi--my husband and I are very eager to go to Providencia. He stopped there long ago when he was in the U.S. Navy.

Anyway, I can't get any information on flights--after you get to Bogata, what then? And, according to google search, there only seems to be one hotel but, according to hotel.com they have no rooms available next year????

Any advice on how best to get there and how to get a place to stay?

Can you get there from San Andres? How?

Many thanks in advance

Casey

Ontario
Level Contributor
398 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: did anyone spend time on Providencia

There are daily flights from San Andres to Providencia via West Caribbean Airways.

lexington,KY
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: did anyone spend time on Providencia

how is the snorkeling on San Andreas and Pro vencia? We've snorkeled in Bonaire. Can anyone give us a comparison?

Get answers to your questions about San Andres Island