We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Decameron Aquarium & Taxi from airport on arrival...

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Decameron Aquarium & Taxi from airport on arrival...

Just wondering if any of you have returned from staying at the Aquarium recently. Me and a friend (both 22) will be staying there from March.7-14, and are flying through LA (Copa Air) from Edmonton, Ab. How is the hotel? We were thinking of switching to the San Luis because of the construction at the Aquarium but are unsure. We have heard many mixed reviews. Also, how is check in at the airport when you first arrive on the island? How do we arrange to get a cab? Are there services there; we are not flying through Nolitours or Airtransat, so none of this will be pre-arranged for us. If anyone has ever traveled to SAI this way, some advice would be great. Thanks...

Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
14,674 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Decameron Aquarium & Taxi from airport on arrival...

We flew into San Andres from Cartagena a couple weeks ago on our way to Providencia. We then returned to San Andres for a few days. It's a small airport, no hassles.

Lots of cab drivers in front of the airport. We went with the first one who offered. If you stay ast the Aquarium, it's darn near walking distance, anyway it would be if you didn't have luggage.

We didn't stay at a Decameron property, but walked by the Aquarium many times. The construction was certainly loud at that end of the property. I would think the further from the construction the better. It's a good sized property, the far end would probably be fine.

I'm way older than you, but really liked being in town. Lots of restaurants (although I realize Aquarium is all-inclusive). Lots of duty free shops. Great beach just a couple blocks away.

Have you considered the Maryland? It looked way nicer 'in person' than it does on the internet.

2. Re: Decameron Aquarium & Taxi from airport on arrival...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:32 am, September 18, 2009
Get answers to your questions about San Andres Island