We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Domestic air $$$$

Quepos, Costa Rica
12 posts
Save Topic
Domestic air $$$$

trying to book a flight from Medellin to Cali and im looking at $ 244 round trip on avianca non stop and aires almost the same ..Book -it or wait ?? im planning on leaving wed sept 28, and think i might get a better rate in columbia ?? I waited too long to pull the trigger on my flight from san jose costa rica to medellin and wasted $200 RT so im tring not to make the same mistake twice .. thanks Remy

UK it's a OK
Level Contributor
375 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Domestic air $$$$

The only way you will get a cheaper fare so close to the departure date is if an airline starts a late sale. The price might go down by about 20 - 30 per cent but it's a gamble because if there's no sale the price might go up by a lot more. Or the price might not change.

Find a price you are happy to pay and take it. You already lost out once from Costa Rica.

Just for information, Avianca charge more for foreigne credit cards on-line than they do for Colombian ones so paying cash in Colombia you might get the lower fare.

CDY
Medellin, Colombia
Destination Expert
for Panama City
Level Contributor
3,878 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Domestic air $$$$

Best bet is to book now - rolling the dice on hoping for a sale - they could fill up and you will be out of luck.

Bus should be around $25 a lot more time but very nice scenery.

Oakland, California
Level Contributor
723 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Domestic air $$$$

Buy it. That's cheap for an internal flight.

San Miguel de...
Destination Expert
for San Miguel de Allende, Central Mexico and Gulf Coast
Level Contributor
6,482 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Domestic air $$$$

I don't think Aires flies direct, you'd have to go via Bogota, which makes it a long trip.

Check Copa Colombia, Easyfly and Satena. They may fly that route. Oh, yes, and try to fly out of Medellin's downtown airport OEH.

Then there's always the bus.

5. Re: Domestic air $$$$

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 pm, October 20, 2012