We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nightlife- Club, Bar, Restaraunt- Recommendations?

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
191 posts
Save Topic
Nightlife- Club, Bar, Restaraunt- Recommendations?

Can someone please recommend what nights are the best to go out to in Medellin? Only the weekend nights of Friday, Saturday, and Sunday- or are other nights good as well?

My friend and I are planning to go visit Medellin during the last 2 weeks of June and we were wondering how the nightlife scene is.... Any specific recommendations of bars, clubs, and restaraunts with a cool outgoing vibe to go out to would be much much appreciated. Thank you

Medellin Tuk Tuk Urban Expeditions
Sightseeing Tours, City Tours, Night Tours, Bar, Club & Pub Tours
CDY
Medellin, Colombia
Destination Expert
for Panama City
Level Contributor
3,789 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nightlife- Club, Bar, Restaraunt- Recommendations?

Thursday and Friday nights - Parque LLeras, also some clubs in Centro that are interesting, Saturday and Sunday night - Sabaneta, many Paisas head there for a change of pace - it is at southern end of metro, easy to get to.

Of course there is Mango's, the Dollhouse ( a club) and another tropical disco all close to one another - very large.

You might check out El Solar for live music - is close to Parque LLearas.

Miami, Florida
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
5,513 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nightlife- Club, Bar, Restaraunt- Recommendations?

also Palmitas Restaurante Bar

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
910 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nightlife- Club, Bar, Restaraunt- Recommendations?

The Parque LLeras is great. I wish I could remember the name of the bar I went to, It was like a giant treehouse, with a long bar with red bubbling liquid inside it. It was great, but EXPENSIVE. Drinks were about 10 dollars each, which is waaayy too much for colombia.

mangoes was lots of fun too. Especially if you are into dancing dwarfs :)

CDY
Medellin, Colombia
Destination Expert
for Panama City
Level Contributor
3,789 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nightlife- Club, Bar, Restaraunt- Recommendations?

Exactly - Parque Llearas is nice but over priced, the locals me included tend to hang out elsewhere.

In Sabaneta - $1 beers and $2,50 mixed drinks( limited selection though)

Had to laugh at the dwarfs mention - for some reason they seem to have a great interest in little people at nightclubs in Medellin

5. Re: Nightlife- Club, Bar, Restaraunt- Recommendations?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, January 05, 2011