We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Has anyone visited Bucarumanga?

Which Medellin hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Connecticut
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Topic
Has anyone visited Bucarumanga?

I am planning a trip to Bucarumanga in April 2010. has anyone visited? what are your thoughts on the area?

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
268 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Has anyone visited Bucarumanga?

Yes I was just in Bucarumanga earlier this week for 2 days (Sunday 1-31-10 & Monday 2-1-10). This was a stop over as I was traveling from my 4 glorious days in San Gil to, don't ask me why but, Barraqneabermeja for 2 days then a 10 hour bus ride back to Bogota.

There is absoluetly nothing speacial about Bucarumanga. My best recollection is the down town market area on Sunday afternoon where the shear number of people buying and selling is an experiance in itself.

This being said I must acknowledge that the city is full of life with the activities of people walking the streets and shops, sitting on park benches and truely looking like they enjoy life. This city is where they produce clothing and footwear items and the like. This is what I took away from my short stay.

IMHO - I would spend any time that you may have in another area like San Gil or the surrounding towns and not in Bucarumanga.

Don't even ask me of my impressions about my 2 days in the oil refinery town called Barraqneabermeja. If it was not for the fact that I promised a friend to visit his family I would not care to ever cast my eyes on this place (heat and oil refinery smell throughout the town). I am glad to be back in Southern California.

Have fun!

2. Re: Has anyone visited Bucarumanga?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, August 05, 2010