We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Self guided walking tours of Medellin

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
195 posts
112 reviews
Save Topic
Self guided walking tours of Medellin

Can anyone guide me to website that has suggested walking tour itineraries for Medellin? I'm looking for things like one or two-day walking tours where you take in a collection of good sights and attractions in a good logical order.

In other places I've travelled to, I can usually find this information by doing Google searches, but when I try to do this with Medellin, I only seem to get tour guide stuff, and by the fourth or fifth Google hit, I'm getting nothing but "meet beautful chicas". I'm digressing here with this, but what is it with Colombia and any kind of travel search? The results are flooded with "meeting girls" stuff. Even the so-called legitimate Medellin travel websites seem to have a section on this subject.

Disregard the rant if you like. All I'm really looking for is suggested walking itineraries for Medellin.

Comuna 13 Graffiti Tour
City Tours, Walking Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Toucan Cafe & Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Walking Tours, Food Tours, City Tours, Cultural Tours
Transporter Medellin
Walking Tours, City Tours, Cultural Tours
1. Re: Self guided walking tours of Medellin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 5:35 pm, April 05, 2017
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
223 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Self guided walking tours of Medellin

There are a few museums in Centro, the Aquarium, which was excellant and the Botantical Gardens. Just hire a taxi to take to all these places. And ride the cable cars, excellant.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
223 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Self guided walking tours of Medellin

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g297478-i6346-k316…

Check out the excellant list

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
19,691 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Self guided walking tours of Medellin

"... what is it with Colombia and any kind of travel search?..."

==========================================================

Quite simply Colombia wasn't a travel destination until fairly recently, so the tourist infrastructure is nowhere nearly as developed as almost everywhere else in Latin America.

It was so dangerous for so long that it fell off the travel map and has only become popular again in the last several years. Even now it's incredibly easy to travel there and (if you wish) meet almost no other gringo travelers.

Colombia is not a place where it's all laid out for you...

Cheers,

Terry

5. Re: Self guided walking tours of Medellin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, April 21, 2010