We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus from Cartagena to Aracataca

california
Level Contributor
18 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Bus from Cartagena to Aracataca

I need some help regarding information about bus service from Cartagena to Aracataca.

I was told that we can take the bus from from Cartagena to Baranquilla then transfer to Aracataca.I check the website of Berlinas but there is no indication that they go to Aracataca.

Would appreciate help from someone who has done the trip to visit the birthplace of GG Marquez. .Thanks!

Lecheria, Venezuela
Destination Expert
for Cartagena, Colombia
Level Contributor
848 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus from Cartagena to Aracataca

Perhaps what you are better off doing is to take a Marsol or Berlinas to Cienaga and do the transfer here and not in Barranquilla to Aracataca. a few things to remember:

-cash at hand

-leave cartagena very early in the morning so you do all your transfers/errands on broad daylilght

-Not much to do in Aracataca, check with Tim Buendia:

http://www.thegypsyresidence.com/

california
Level Contributor
18 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus from Cartagena to Aracataca

Thank you for your reply. I have been communicating with Tim Buendia for a GGMarquez 2 day tour in Aracatanca but we have not been able to come up with info online on how to get there by bus . As you recommended we do not want to hang around the bus station waiting for transfer until dark so we may have to forget about the visit.

Thank you for taking time to help.

Lecheria, Venezuela
Destination Expert
for Cartagena, Colombia
Level Contributor
848 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus from Cartagena to Aracataca

youre welcome,...Pretty sure you wont find any information on line, just ask around and hop on the Aracataca bus. Cienaga is a pretty big town and is safe as almost all of the Colombian Caribbean Coast (but La Guajira which is still pretty risky to go to)

4. Re: Bus from Cartagena to Aracataca

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, July 09, 2015