We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel Help

Philadelphia...
5 posts
Save Topic
Travel Help

Hi All,

We (2-3 Single, young guys). We are planning a Latin American trip for 2 weeks. We traveled to Brazil last year and loved the experience. We are undecided of where to go this April 2014. Cartagena, Colombia have the city, nature and a vibrant nightlife is an area of interest. We want the urban and country environments, beaches and a vibrant nightlife.Where else in Central/South America should we consider?

Thanks,

Mike

Atlanta
Level Contributor
26 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel Help

Buenos Aires is supposed to be great and vibrant though I have not been yet. We were thinking about doing BSAS and then going over to Punta del Este for the beach but in April it gets chillier since Argentica and Uruguay are further south so we have settled on on Cartagena and the island of Providencia.

I went to Peru last year and absolutely loved it. So many different terrains in one country. I did Lima for 2 or so days then went to Cuzco, Urubamba and Pisac in the sacred Valley. I did the Macchu Picchu climb, stayed one more night in Cuzco and then returned to Lima for another day before leaving. Lima was really vibrant with a great art scene and lots of history as well as night life. Peru has options for beach also and the amazon if you'd like or lake Titicaca etc.

Good luck deciding

Philadelphia...
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel Help

Hi,

Thanks for the information. How was the Colombian nighlife and nature?

Thanks,

Mike

3. Re: Travel Help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, February 27, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Cartagena