We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

"Guest" friendly places to stay?

Which Cartagena hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Laguna Beach...
Level Contributor
60 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
"Guest" friendly places to stay?

Hello all,

Traveling to Cartagena solo. Would anyone be able to recommend any "guest" friendly hotels in the centro area or close by? Or is it better to look into apartments?Any info would be much appreciated.

Willemstad, Curacao
Level Contributor
2,070 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: "Guest" friendly places to stay?

I believe that US Secret Service used the Hilton Hotel and Caribe Hotel..

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
19,642 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: "Guest" friendly places to stay?

Curtraveller, haha.

Ron, not many hotels are keen about hookers wandering around, you'd be further ahead renting an apartment.

Cheers,

Terry

Cartagena, Colombia
Level Contributor
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: "Guest" friendly places to stay?

I would recommend you Hostal Casa Nativa in Centro. The location is perfect, beds are comfortable, they have 24/7 AC in the dorms, breakfast included.... Another cheap and good option is Las Chancletas in Getsemani area!

Laguna Beach...
Level Contributor
60 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: "Guest" friendly places to stay?

Thanks a lot Terry. I'll now be able to limit my search to apts. If you think of anything else pertinent please let me know.

Ron F.

Laguna Beach...
Level Contributor
60 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: "Guest" friendly places to stay?

Thanks for your response. I'll do the research accordingly.

Ron F.

Bogota, Colombia
Destination Expert
for Colombia
Level Contributor
1,603 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: "Guest" friendly places to stay?

Colombians usually use "motels". Hotel rooms to rent per hour. I never used any of these in Cartagena (I did in Bogota, with my gf), and can't recommend any.

Colombians even made up the verb "motelear" (to go to a motel).

You may try and Google "motel" or "moteles" in Cartagena.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
19,642 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: "Guest" friendly places to stay?

Oelina @ #3... I doubt very much if the Hostel Las Chancletas or the Hostal Casa Nativa allow overnight "guests." And how would that work anyway when there are no private rooms in Hostal Casa Nativa!

Cheers,

Terry

Willemstad, Curacao
Level Contributor
2,070 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: "Guest" friendly places to stay?

Stephane. TO has been to the Dominican Republic so he will know these 'motels' as cabanas..

I also wonder if you actually like to have a guest in your own room.... better to rent a room for 2 hours etc.. Things do happen and as I recall some things went very drastic in Cartagena this year with foreign men and very young guests in their rooms..

London, Canada
Destination Expert
for Cartagena
Level Contributor
4,309 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: "Guest" friendly places to stay?

Try Hotel Boutique Cochera del Hobo; I understand that they will allow you to have a "guest".

Edited: 7:05 am, December 11, 2013
10. Re: "Guest" friendly places to stay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, December 13, 2014