We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I am planning a trip to Cartagena at the end of November...

Which Cartagena hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
13 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
I am planning a trip to Cartagena at the end of November...

How are the crowds at this time of year? Should I reserve a hotel in advance or can I just "play it by ear" and find one once I get there?

Bogota, Colombia
Destination Expert
for Colombia
Level Contributor
1,587 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: I am planning a trip to Cartagena at the end of November...

Hi,

End of Nov, start of Dec is peak season (until mid Jan). It is a period of school vacation, a lot of Colombians use this period of the year to have a break.

If you really want to stay in one particular hotel, you'd better book in advance.

If you are flexible enough, you'll always find a place to stay.

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Level Contributor
2,421 posts
1,199 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: I am planning a trip to Cartagena at the end of November...

I was there late november last year and it was not crowded yet. It's the end of the rainy season, I guess. I always reserve hotels in advance though.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
13 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: I am planning a trip to Cartagena at the end of November...

Thanks for the info!!! We should arrive in Cartagena early in the day so we will have some time to search for one we like.

4. Re: I am planning a trip to Cartagena at the end of November...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, October 05, 2014